sharetrader
Page 15 of 733 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

I agree that margins must be under huge pressure. In addition to the weekly catalogue, there is, nearly every weekend, a 2 day sale, with significant discounts. Also, some of their markets must get near saturation, or at least slow down a bit. There is a limit to the number of plastic bins, cheap radios etc, that one needs. Stuff will last, sometimes, or its once bitten twice shy.

Bel, I am only guessing the $3.00. On the charts WHS has only one way to go, that is down.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Never been a WHS-holder, but have now become interested in the debate.

This sort of cut-throat-business can not go on for long. I am watching WHS now, possibly starting to buy a few soon, as I think sometime along the way there will be a take-over of the weakest in the market...in my opinion, that's the Warehouse

-smells horribly of fly-spray
    -sells the cheapest of the cheapest Chinese junk
    -absolutely no shopping athmosphere

Bought a light summer-blanket in K-Mart the other day. Nice colour choice, made from cotton in India, real nice for $10-00!!

Nothing comparable in the warehouse by a long mile!!

Pumpkin Patch +7 to new high of 227 .... talk about "Chalk and Cheese" !!

Disc: ex WHS holder and current PPL holder
    nelehdine

WHS sitting on the low of the day at 385 -19 ... the "mums and dads investors" aren't going to be pleased when they see the terrible sales performance on the news tonight or in the paper tomorrow .... the stock looks like it is in serious trouble to me !! STAY OUT !!
    nelehdine

As you would expect the sales announcement has gone down with the market like a 'turd through a tea strainer'

Don't touch this dog. If they have a similar reduction in the next period you will be looking at around $2.50. In the meantime who is there to seriously support this stock before they see the trend has changed. Even the mugs who were trying to hold it above $4.00 won't have the balls to have another go.

quote:-sells the cheapest of the cheapest Chinese junk

Bought a light summer-blanket in K-Mart the other day. Nice colour choice, made from cotton in India, real nice for $10-00!!
    Oh really? So India is now the measuring stick for quality huh? Too bad they don't make affortable DVD players and Nike sport shoes which kiwis learnt to love and buy. The Indian clothing industry is still living in a time capsule from 17th century, ever since the British deindustrialised the country's weaving industry. The clothing they make look better because they are mostly hand knitted by child workers on slave wages, even lower than Chinese standards.

quote:Originally posted by bongo66

Just going by todays depth there are alot of substantial buyers and very few substantial sellers and sellers only reach half decent volumes @ 4.15 and it is pretty much clearway until depth stops at 4.60.

Dont know what that means but could be a trading opportunity for you shorties.

B

stick to mowing lawns mate
    Buffett Burger

C9,

I have tried to tell him, he just doesn't learn...

Winner,

Thanks for the insight into retail, lowered prices and margin compression. I never really thought about a low exchange rate coupled with fixed margins being a bad thing - it seems glaringly obvious now.
    Its not that often I actually learn something new about business on this forum, but its good to see that I can.

Cheers.

P.S. - not all retail stocks are shockers. Check out FAN on the ASX to see one beauty... (maybe a little pricey now though).

OK Benlamnz, re: Warehouse, I was singling out the clothes and fabrics and forgot the electronics and other sections. Might be different there.

However, bought a new computer "Made in China" in a Chinese computer shop a few weeks ago. Reasonably priced considered I wanted one with my own specifications.

2 Hours later the brandnew 300 watt motor blew and was renewed no problems. 6 hours later the second brandnew 300 watt motor blew and was renewed with no problems. Insisted on a 400 watt motor which now does the job. No extra costs.

I am not so sure about Chinese quality.

I do not know whether this blanket I bought was made using child labor, but one has to be real careful these days.

Warehouse stores as well as K-mart stores et al. should issue statements whether their products are manufactured using child labor or not.