sharetrader
Page 150 of 733 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by Huskeez View Post
    Whats peoples thoughts on a Fair value for WHS? , I believe at current prices this stock is a steal based on EPS,Revenue and Equity growth?
    Depends on your definition of "steal". Analysts predict a 12 months target between 3.25 and 3.81. P/E based on EPS over the past 4 years looks quite good (11.2), but is inflated by one off property sales. Predicted P/E for this financial year (15.1) is o.k.-ish, but does not look like a steal in my books.

Obviously - its up to anybody's best guess how the move into consumer finance works out. Personally I would think that they have a good chance, and yes, if they do it properly, this would increase their value. If we remember good old FPA days, than the attached finance company added sometimes more value than the rest of the firm.

As well - the ongoing upgrade of stores and the (claimed) refocus on quality and customer satisfaction can only be good.

For my feeling the medium 12 month analysts prediction (mid of 3.60's) is not too bad. If finance works out however, than WHS might get a nice push upwards, but I guess this will take longer than the next 12 months.

In my view at current prices still worthwhile to buy and long term hold (and I am holding), but I wouldn't expect the trees to grow into the sky ...

DYOR.

percy

Yes I agree with everything WHS are doing,yet I think it will take a very long time to see results.We will have to wait to see whether the capital has earnt returns or just been spent standing still.
    I still think retail is a very difficult sector to be in.
    Not holding.Still watching.

Good announcement today https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/250198
    THE RESHAPED WAREHOUSE GROUP REPORTS CONTINUED GROWTH
    Group Sales for Q3 of $604.8 million
    The Warehouse (Red Sheds) Same Store Sales up 3.0%
    Warehouse Stationery (Blue Sheds) Same Store Sales up 6.1%
    Noel Leeming Same Store Sales up 10.9%
    No movement on the SP though , still happy to be on board though.
    Last edited by shonen knife; 08-05-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shonen knife View Post
    Good announcement today https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/250198

No movement on the SP though , still happy to be on board though.
    I thought so too but the market commentator on the radio last night was pretty neutral on them. Personally I liked the chairman's comment regarding the near future "... a period of consolidation, where the emphasis will be more on leveraging returns from the base we have built..." Might buy a few myself.

Confirming the uptrend with the recent break-through the MA100? Or bouncing back on the top band of the Bollinger channel? TA can be confusing . Where will it go?

Looking at fundamentals I would think that the up potential is at that stage limited (btw - Financial Times downgraded the TP slightly to $3.45 - that's where we are now), but than - if the recent earning season shapes out well, who knows what's going to happen?
    Discl: sitting on the fence ... but still holding

it needs to break above 3.60 to break the recent downtrend, but is uptrending short term
    one step ahead of the herd

No news to discuss but thought it worthy to mention today a single trade 150k @ $3.40. Not your average everyday trade. Someone likes the Red Sheds.

Banned

The WHS charts are going to look like someone jumped off a cliff tonight bought some at $3.27 but closed at $3.24 and could possibly go lower looking at depth,hopefully she'll bounce though.
    Last edited by couta1; 17-06-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The WHS charts are going to look like someone jumped off a cliff tonight bought some at $3.27 but closed at $3.24 and could possibly go lower looking at depth,hopefully she'll bounce though.
    Couta ,hope you not bringing the couta kiss of death to the WHS, I reckon you should go long bear.asx should be about right for you

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Why? Why? Why? Why?Why did you buy? Are you a Lemming? Not a good idea.! Leave the jumping off cliffs to others.!
    Last edited by percy; 17-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.