sharetrader
Page 16 of 733 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

The link today was very interesting, about Best Buys new customer strategy.

Its exactly what stuffed BGR and now WHS regular weekend sales!

Consumers are getting smarter (wiser) and its become so much easier to *compare* on the net. Only buy in sales and loss leaders.

But *LONG TERM* WHS will outgrow AUSSIE then TAKEOVER CHINA[]

I called poor Bongo the site Jinx once...

twice? RBD now WHS...

we will have to watch SKC very closely[}]
    Buffett Burger

Aussie , China, the world!!!

not in hindsight my dear Bong...

and Id thought you`ld gone quiet because of your calls...

silly C9

...never sticks his neck out

Buffett Burger

But Id agree...

another $60m!!!! off the market cap is abit of an overreaction!!!

no comment
    Buffett Burger

Amazing stuff ....

Floorspace up 74,000 sq metres from a year ago but ...

...sales up a miserly $5M extra in sales

What is the cost of filling up that 74,000 sqm of space? what is the additional operating expenses resulting because of this extra space?

And then tell me that WHS are making more money than last year. Just like the second half of the last financial year they have to be making less this half year as well.

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Taking of floorspace WHS have always prided themselves on increasing sales per sqm of footprint.

WHS run a business model that sort of says put shopping space down and the droves will come and sales will go up.

This time last year the Red Sheds sales were $3855 per sqm per year.

The Red Sheds now have 44,000 extra sqm than a year ago .... suggesting that this space should generate about $170M in extra sales per year.

Say about $35M this quarter .... but sales in the Red Sheds were only $5M .... meaning if the Red Sheds were as efficient as they have been the sales shortfsall is really $30M odd this quarter.

More floor space appears to be destroying heaps of shareholder value in economic terms ... which is being reflected in a declining shareprice
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

cant be f**** reading thru c9's "i told bongo so crap" so this comment may have been made before.....

the bad news should have been quite obvious to all...

whs last year said that they would only announce 1st and 3rd 1/4ly sales if they were significantly different to market expectation...as i said then...does this really comply with continuous disclosure.....so.....whs announcing that 1st 1/4 figures would be out soon meant only one thing...bad news!!!

what i dont really understand..

with the nzd as it is and the nz consumer spending as they have been (continual increase in credit card debt)...why isn't a retailer like whs raking in the money?

people have said
    1) whs is handing all nzd "gain" over to the consumer via decreased sale price
    2) whs is just selling sh*t so sales will go to people selling "better" imported goods...but with products like "dell" and "shriek"!!!
    3) mgmt problem!!!???

im not even including the aust problem in this scenario!!!

my view........
    1) broken $4...whs on its way down
    2) next "problem"...xmas sales
    3) if there is any delay...even 1 day..for the announcement of the 6 mth or xmas sales figure..there will be bad news
    4) from previous posts there seems to be a bit of a problem re stock and pricing
    5) not too good coming up to the silly season!!!
    6) given the sales trend as announced by 1st 1/4 sales...i cant see 2nd qtr (year on year) being "flash"
    7) $2 share price (as per the drop when whs had the stock problem) may not be silly within the next 6 months...sentiment for whs is turning (and as some people have said....you cant prop up the share price forever!!)

downwards is where whs is going...how far it falls no one knows (except phaedrus!!!...he'll tell us about it later!!!)..expect falls in the next couple of days...maybe the 4 day rule will apply here...i wouldn't put my money on it

No it doesn't, but several in a row spell bad times.

Have to say, I don't own any and almost got some recently so feel relieved. Really thought the bad news was over and that these guys would be bouncing back by now.

As always, the question now is how can they go?
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

quote:Originally posted by Gryffyn

No it doesn't, but several in a row spell bad times.

Have to say, I don't own any and almost got some recently so feel relieved. Really thought the bad news was over and that these guys would be bouncing back by now.

As always, the question now is how can they go?
    WHS should have support at $3.50

Just like they did at $4.00 ... held up for a while but didn't do you much good in the end if you bought in at that level. $3.00 will be the support after that !!! then $2.50 ....

Stay out ... people who try to be clever and pick bottoms tend to get smelly fingers !!!!
    nelehdine

quote:Originally posted by madmike

cant be f**** reading thru c9's "i told bongo so crap" so this comment may have been made before.....

the bad news should have been quite obvious to all...

whs last year said that they would only announce 1st and 3rd 1/4ly sales if they were significantly different to market expectation...as i said then...does this really comply with continuous disclosure.....so.....whs announcing that 1st 1/4 figures would be out soon meant only one thing...bad news!!!

what i dont really understand..

with the nzd as it is and the nz consumer spending as they have been (continual increase in credit card debt)...why isn't a retailer like whs raking in the money?

people have said
    1) whs is handing all nzd "gain" over to the consumer via decreased sale price
    2) whs is just selling sh*t so sales will go to people selling "better" imported goods...but with products like "dell" and "shriek"!!!
    3) mgmt problem!!!???

im not even including the aust problem in this scenario!!!

my view........
    1) broken $4...whs on its way down
    wow, that was profound
    2) next "problem"...xmas sales
    another brainstormer...[|)]
    3) if there is any delay...even 1 day..for the announcement of the 6 mth or xmas sales figure..there will be bad news
    ...and this is something new right
    4) from previous posts there seems to be a bit of a problem re stock and pricing
    as per public ann`s ...yawn
    5) not too good coming up to the silly season!!!
    incredible depth of insight
    6) given the sales trend as announced by 1st 1/4 sales...i cant see 2nd qtr (year on year) being "flash"
    ...you are truely a master of profound analysis.
    7) $2 share price (as per the drop when whs had the stock problem) may not be silly within the next 6 months...sentiment for whs is turning (and as some people have said....you cant prop up the share price forever!!)
    so there is finally the prediction...well done, however you are WAY off the mark...$2 eh

downwards is where whs is going...how far it falls no one knows (except phaedrus!!!...he'll tell us about it later!!!)..expect falls in the next couple of days...maybe the 4 day rule will apply here...i wouldn't put my money on it

nice hedge both ways[xx(]

typical, where were you when WHS was $7.50???
    I was WARNING about this 3 years ago. and here you go after the facts with nothing to add but poorly thought out drivle.
    What a dorkas for your view ........[:0]Y[:0]A[:0]W[:0]N[:0]

what did you actually say[?][?][?][?][?]

NOTHING
    Buffett Burger