sharetrader
Page 196 of 733 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good point trev

Getting 6.1% post tax (dividends) is a lot better than 3.8% post tax (notes) eh .... almost 60% more

Maybe they worried that if the WHS share price falls by 6 cents a year that wipes out the difference ..... meaning taking the safer more secure option could be far better. And some probably think that that 17 cent dividend is not that certain either.

Then again the share price could zoom ahead and they don't share in the capital gains (and probably in this case increased dividends)

Think sums right about that 6 cents ..... not really that much leeway is there?
    Well none of us has that crystal ball(wouldn't that be great) but for myself ,universal catastrophe's aside, WHS would seem to be at the bottom of this cycle. They continue to gain sales which would indicate some degree of customer loyalty/satisfaction so I'm looking for a positive outlook as they come out of the capex programme. Would be interested to hear from any current bond holders re their intention to continue to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Well none of us has that crystal ball(wouldn't that be great) but for myself ,universal catastrophe's aside, WHS would seem to be at the bottom of this cycle. They continue to gain sales which would indicate some degree of customer loyalty/satisfaction so I'm looking for a positive outlook as they come out of the capex programme. Would be interested to hear from any current bond holders re their intention to continue to hold.
    The problem I see is that they are cycling lower and lower, earnings wise anyway.

Not good for a shareprice that is already on a PE of 17 when the market is pricing in interest rate hikes next year.

But this time it is different I am told.
    Last edited by winner69; 16-05-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    If the Warehouse really get their act together, I think they have great share price gain potential ( not to mention dividend) Certainly haven't got that good shopping experience bit sorted yet.
    That's probably a fair assessment, they're in as gooder position as any big retailer to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I don't think that is a phenomenon found just at WHS. If you restore income relativity so that the directors and managers are not paid proportionately ever greater amounts than the junior staff, you may get a greater sense of commitment from the juniors...
    I think the trend in NZ's income gini coefficient has played its part too...with the result of less social cohesion and commitment from those at the less well-paid end!
    Some things are out of their hands.

Someone waited to drop the hammer....one seller of 480,000 at 2.75...just about cleared out all the buyers....(other than the hopeful lurkers). Maybe something afoot. Seems a little out of the ordinary activity.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Someone waited to drop the hammer....one seller of 480,000 at 2.75...just about cleared out all the buyers....(other than the hopeful lurkers). Maybe something afoot. Seems a little out of the ordinary activity.
    Birman, not like you to worry about a bit of noise in the market

What...me worry? (courtesy Mad Magazine of course) W there's a "bit", a byte and a bet....and I bet that's more than a bit...but the bytes will be advising us soon would be my bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Birman, not like you to worry about a bit of noise in the market
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Spose the big shareholder is happy with this

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-toy-catalogue

But then again Farmers mightn't sell much Lego anyway and this is smoke and mirrors
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

heading to test multi yr lows at 2.50 very bearish not surprising with an outlook of declining divs and poor margins
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    heading to test multi yr lows at 2.50 very bearish not surprising with an outlook of declining divs and poor margins
    Everything's bearish at the moment but at least they don't sell Greek Salads

Share price bouncing around one year's low. Watching and wondering if Pascoe ready to make their next move. Could be 40 cents upside if they decide to go for 50%?