sharetrader
Page 214 of 733 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 7330

Oh dear, what a disappointing end to the year

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Oh dear, what a disappointing end to the year
    And it was all hunky-dory less than a month ago at the ASM. Sounded like we were going to get good news in February

Hoping obviously not working
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Good news for retailers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...stmas-spending.

It's a big Warehouse shopping day for me tomorrow. 20% discount for purchases using the WHS Money Card and a further 12.5% off for being a loyal shareholder.

These already super cheap chocolates have just got 32.5% cheaper.

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/search?q=chocolates
    lol, I went in yesterday to buy a bunch of star wars lego at 20% + 12.5%, cause you know you can collect that stuff, its kinda an investment.

Their computer system only had shareholder discount at 20%, so I got 36% off in total (0.8 * 0.8 = 0.64)

Ended up buy $1,300 worth (paid $790 something), had a trolley full of lego lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite disappointing and wondering whether this might be a sign to come for other retailers? Good revenue, lower margins ...; Anyway - would still result in an EPS of 20 cents for the full year - i.e. should not impact on the dividend (unless there is more to come);
    The continuing story is one of increased revenues but margin pressures. WHS is the dominant retailer in NZ so with their supposed buying power how do 'the opposition' compete and stay in the game? Is it a 'last man standing' scenario yet to play out? Lots of questions, no answers. The recent run up of SP looks to be very dubious.

Advanced Member

Wont just be the warehouse. Went to Westfield mall in chch and was actually able to find a parking space, seemed much quieter than previous years for time of year.

The default present this year is a book ordered from the book depository, easy quick and a handy little gift bought for a couple of mouse clicks, at half the price of locally sourced books.
    Last edited by ratkin; 20-12-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    The continuing story is one of increased revenues but margin pressures. WHS is the dominant retailer in NZ so with their supposed buying power how do 'the opposition' compete and stay in the game? Is it a 'last man standing' scenario yet to play out? Lots of questions, no answers. The recent run up of SP looks to be very dubious.

I think they under estimate the impact that Bunnings and Mitre 10 have had and still have on them

Many of their higher margin categories suffering / gone
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    lol, I went in yesterday to buy a bunch of star wars lego at 20% + 12.5%, cause you know you can collect that stuff, its kinda an investment.

Their computer system only had shareholder discount at 20%, so I got 36% off in total (0.8 * 0.8 = 0.64)

Ended up buy $1,300 worth (paid $790 something), had a trolley full of lego lol
    I hope you are pulling our leg..the lego they sell is not the collectors line items of choice :-) Still happy playing!

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Wont just be the warehouse. Went to Westfield mall in chch and was actually able to find a parking space, seemed much quieter than previous years for time of year.

The default present this year is a book ordered from the book depository, easy quick and a handy little gift bought for a couple of mouse clicks, at half the price of locally sourced books.
    Christchurch is a particular case not the norm in NZ. Local economy on the slide..Wellington retail suffering for entirely different reasons, CBD and EQ disruption effect while if u visit Auckland you will see a real contrast:-)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think they under estimate the impact that Bunnings and Mitre 10 have had and still have on them

Many of their higher margin categories suffering / gone
    There is a very good reason their CEO change a while back...business model still not working...

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post

I agree with you, I went to St Lukes on Sat and Sunday around Midday - there was a stack of carparks in one of the carparks - like maybe 1/5th empty - was quite weird as in previous times you can hardly get a park at St Lukes on any given weekend let alone the week before Xmas. - Seemed quite quiet - apart from Kmart - that place as packed to the rafters the checkout line went to the back of the store - they must be doing something right.