sharetrader
Page 218 of 733 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    So many meaningless waffle words promising so much.

And how does a company like the Warehouse have 4 CEOs??? Surely they could afford to lose at least one more.
    Ego driven titles - one CEO and 3 GMs. Or as the Americans do it, one Senior VP and 3 VPs.

Sure does. Put it through the old buzz saw and it scored pretty high (not that good). Get a lot of buzz phrases and join them together in an announcement and the company is saved.

Too much strategising going on here - where's the execution.

These sort of changes won't make much difference - need to go beyond cost saving.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

When amazon opens in Aus sadly that will probably be the end of the red sheds in the not to distant future
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    When amazon opens in Aus sadly that will probably be the end of the red sheds in the not to distant future
    Yeah right, pass the Tui.

And how does a company like the Warehouse have 4 CEOs??? Surely they could afford to lose at least one more.
    So true ... in this time of the year share holders would have expected a (positive) outlook on the Christmas sales instead of meaningless strategic waffle. I guess at least it looks like they save the money for 2 CEO's - but having the guy running the inefficient & always empty Blue Sheds taking over as well the red sheds is in my view not good news for shareholders.

Discl: sold out some weeks ago - must have expected this;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default Well done that man!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So true ... in this time of the year share holders would have expected a (positive) outlook on the Christmas sales instead of meaningless strategic waffle. I guess at least it looks like they save the money for 2 CEO's - but having the guy running the inefficient & always empty Blue Sheds taking over as well the red sheds is in my view not good news for shareholders.

Discl: sold out some weeks ago - must have expected this;

Polished the old crystal balls eh? Perhaps sold 'em to the Pascoes? They seem to be gradually increasing their holding and know a little about retail.

Blue sheds have shown consistent revenue growth quarter on quarter for the last few years so someone must shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Polished the old crystal balls eh? Perhaps sold 'em to the Pascoes? They seem to be gradually increasing their holding and know a little about retail.

Blue sheds have shown consistent revenue growth quarter on quarter for the last few years so someone must shop there.
    Just imagine where the SP would be without the Pascoes buying .... Sure - I assume they have a plan, but this plan is not necessarily aligned with the interests of retail shareholders.

Remember, there have been others before only buying into WHS to make sure that they don't become a successful competitor of theirs.

Anyway - I might be wrong and WHS might be the THL of tomorrow (just SP-wise). I doubt it, but yes, my crystal ball is cloudy ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

With 2 new CEOs appointed to turn things around or whatever I wonder what this fellow Nick is going to do?

I've got it - more strategising methinks

Look forward to his next presentation on the WHS strategy going forward.

Advanced Member

I did a fair bit of online buying at the red and blue sheds last year. (Suits me as I don't drive.) Good website. Always very efficient and speedy, with excellent communication and cheap shipping. IMO they have it well sussed and could expand in that direction.

Warehouse continuing margin decline is fascinating - especially in the context of huge sales growth while recording declining profits

Strategic cost savings, as Nick puts it, is an admission the model is broken. Not many companies save their way to prosperity

Sounds like F17 is a continuation of this trend - wonder what F18 and beyond will look like?

Better sell more properties and cut back on capex to prop up that divie at current levels I reckon