sharetrader
Page 224 of 733 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I think the "best/only " future for WHS would the let the directors of Pascoes , the Norman family take a 51% share in WHS and install the commercial discipline that they did with Farmers and other companies that they have taken over otherwise there is possible no future here.
    What WHS did to scores of small Mom and Dad businesses destroying them in the process throughout N Z over the last 25 + years is now being done to them !!.
    Karma - the 2 dollar shops have decimated WHS's high volume low cost businesses like X'mas decorations etc.

Bull... It's all OK - wHS prepared for Amazon

Warehouse Group says it is a question of when not if Amazon arrives in New Zealand and estimates the online shopping giant will strip $4 billion to $5 billion out of Australia's retail market while becoming a more convenient option for Kiwi shoppers.

Chief executive Nick Grayston said e-commerce only makes up about 10 percent of the New Zealand market, much lower than in other developed countries. But Warehouse has to prepare for increased disruption and part of the response is to move away from a "transactional relationship" with customers where price is the only determinant, to "an engagement model" which could include walk-in health clinics, a return to pharmacies, financial advice and mobile services.

"Amazon's already a threat but one we're embracing to make ourselves better," Grayston said. "We know we will not compete only on price."

Based in Australia, Amazon would be able to service New Zealand "a lot quicker" than when local shoppers were placing orders to the UK or the US.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...g-serviceshtml
    Last edited by winner69; 09-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Karma - the 2 dollar shops have decimated WHS's high volume low cost businesses like X'mas decorations etc.
    Agree 100%. More and more people are realizing where the location of their new local and far cheaper Warehouse is, some would argue they're the real warehouse now and that's an argument with a fair bit of validity in my opinion. Not surprised WHS are finding it difficult to gain traction with their financials services group. Who would want to pull out a warehouse credit card at anywhere other than the warehouse ? In a day and age when some banks are throwing Gold card pre approved letters out to some beneficiaries, its hardly surprising that some customers feel better about themselves flashing a gold card than a warehouse card. WHS best described as a very tired and very mature brand in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I pull out my WHS credit card. But I get your point: people like to act rich in New Zealand by pulling out their platinum cards, even though their networth might be pitiful.

With no fees and a juicy 5 per cent discount at the Warehouse, I say, give WHS Money a try

be interesting to see there new model, obviously admitting the last few years of upgrading and changing the model were a utter failure. Cutting costs gives them time for another crack at it I guess although time is running out and it could be the last crack to remain relevant in some way.

Expect a dividend downgrade at some stage
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    With no fees and a juicy 5 per cent discount at the Warehouse, I say, give WHS Money a try
    My application for one was declined, despite owning some reasonable assets.
    Gee I would have been happy with a debit card that I could pre load with funds, but Nope.

Yes me too, had to apply twice and the second application was also rejected. So I sent a terse email and asked for it to be passed onto the CE which somehow worked. I have a good income and low debt. And my mother is doing even better than me and she was rejected!!! I'm not making any of this up. Warehouse Money has been an absolute shambles.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes me too, had to apply twice and the second application was also rejected. So I sent a terse email and asked for it to be passed onto the CE which somehow worked. I have a good income and low debt. And my mother is doing even better than me and she was rejected!!! I'm not making any of this up. Warehouse Money has been an absolute shambles.
    I think I've said before, you need to be heavily indebted, no assets, preferably on the dole as well, then you'll have no problem getting credit. The system targets the vulnerable, not someone who pays their debt balance religiously so they can't milk their finance margins for eternity. Think about it, it's a terrible business model signing up people who can pay back their debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think I've said before, you need to be heavily indebted, no assets, preferably on the dole as well, then you'll have no problem getting credit. The system targets the vulnerable, not someone who pays their debt balance religiously so they can't milk their finance margins for eternity. Think about it, it's a terrible business model signing up people who can pay back their debts.

Or you could just earn the interchange fees… Easy gig

I really don't know what they were thinking with Warehouse Money. What made them think it was a good idea in a saturated market? Credit card loyalty programmes outside of AIR NZ and Cashback have had very little success here.

As Roger mentioned having a WHS credit card is not cool. Just like Warehouse Mobile is not cool. The brand is just tired and old. It reminds me a bit of Telecom before they refreshed to Spark and starting attracting the younger generation again.

Kmart is a good example of refreshing your brand and becoming a cool and fun place to shop at cheap prices. You go into the stores and they look more fresh and exciting. WHS stores like look Pak n Save and I'm not sure that's a good thing.