sharetrader
Page 227 of 737 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 7369

Best place to look is the NZX itself
    https://nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/298018

Under the WHS announcement the other day is a list of all the other interesting stuff submitted like below

The Appendix 7 notice is dividend details
    https://nzx.com/files/attachments/254558.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 10-03-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11815985

An interesting weekend read...In the end, i am cautiously optimistic with WHS and Nick seems to me to be the good pick...a seasoned retailer just like how Nigel Morrison was with Skycity(who eventually turned it around)...

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11815985

An interesting weekend read...In the end, i am cautiously optimistic with WHS and Nick seems to me to be the good pick...a seasoned retailer just like how Nigel Morrison was with Skycity(who eventually turned it around)...
    Nick probably learnt a lot at Sears - how to try and make a business sustainable. They are still trying...incurring losses and closing heaps of stores etc etc and still haven't worked out the model is broken.

In another article Nick said "“It would be very tempting to keep on doing what we’re doing and expect a different result. But the reason the board chose to recruit me is I’ve had experience of what happens to traditional retail when it gets disrupted by some of those pure plays and changing customer preferences"

OK he recognises a problem ...but did Sears work out a solution?

Maybe saw the light of day at Sears and couldn't get out fast enough?
    Last edited by winner69; 11-03-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Legend

Australian article but pertinent to WHS

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11816562

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Australian article but pertinent to WHS

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11816562
    Good article

Social per se doesn't seem to be part of Nick's strategy to transform WHS

Plenty of 'endless aisles' though
    Last edited by winner69; 12-03-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What's the dividend date?
    Sometimes It's a mission for us investors to find announcements and even more common is the Company results that forget to add the dividend amount and when it goes ex- date....I have for a long time now thought companies regard their investors (shareholders) as a problem and treat them with lack of proper respect...That's a good omen...A bad omen is when companies start being nice, akin to a grooming process in preparation to fleece more money from you.....

The NZX website is investor unfriendly as well...I, Lizard and many others complained to them when the website first hit the internet..A waste of my valuable time as my communications went unanswered...but don't worry Ogg..us lowly lifeforms (investors) like all low lifeforms in nature adapt quicker than other higher lifeforms..I have since stopped whinging and adapted to find a few things on the NZX...thanks to bookmark....so to help others by saving lost time trawling the NZX website in trying to find market announcements and dividend amounts and ex-dates , open this NZX web link below and bookmark it for future use.

https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX
    Last edited by Hoop; 12-03-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    What's the dividend date?
    Oh..and a question...From the query post I assume you are a WHS shareholder....I hope you have just bought in (that's bad enough) and not using long term buy /hold strategy on this dog..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Sometimes It's a mission for us investors to find announcements and even more common is the Company results that forget to add the dividend amount and when it goes ex- date....I have for a long time now thought companies regard their investors (shareholders) as a problem and treat them with lack of proper respect...That's a good omen...A bad omen is when companies start being nice, akin to a grooming process in preparation to fleece more money from you.....

The NZX website is investor unfriendly as well...I, Lizard and many others complained to them when the website first hit the internet..A waste of my valuable time as my communications went unanswered...but don't worry Ogg..us lowly lifeforms (investors) like all low lifeforms in nature adapt quicker than other higher lifeforms..I have since stopped whinging and adapted to find a few things on the NZX...thanks to bookmark....so to help others by saving lost time trawling the NZX website in trying to find market announcements and dividend amounts and ex-dates , open this NZX web link below and bookmark it for future use.

https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX
    Good one Hoop

The main announcement is more along the lines of a media release

You need to read the other stuff to get the real story.

Like whatI showed the other day - there were numerous attachments - 7 in all

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Oh..and a question...From the query post I assume you are a WHS shareholder....I hope you have just bought in (that's bad enough) and not using long term buy /hold strategy on this dog..
    LOL, nice reply above. I agree that the NZX and also ASB securities websites/platforms are total crap. The problem is that there's no real competition.

I'm an ex shareholder. WHS was one of my first investments back in 2009. Held for a few months and sold out for a tiny profit.

I've always liked the company as I'm a North Shore guy and my dad would always talk about Stephen Tindall being a great Kiwi entrepreneur.

The failure of Masters (Woolworths entry into hardware in Austraila) got my thinking about big box retail. Woolworths lost $1b trying to compete with Bunnings. The take away I think is that branding and customer loyalty/behaviour play a huge part. The fact is that the Warehouse will remain the go to place for the average kiwi. That's also the reason why the Warehouse failed to take hold in Australia.

The revenue is still strong and growing. Noel Leeming is looking good. Margin is down but improving. Warehouse online growth is strong. The problem lies in the cost of doing business and the financal subsidiary. However, now that the good will has been written off and an operational change is in place that should be the catalyst for change. At the current price it's worth the risk.

I'm planning on going in big after the dividend for tax reasons. Hopefully it trades down further over the coming weeks.

I'm not worried about Amazon. It's a similar issue between trademe and Ebay. Amazon has missed the boat and I think it will never take off in NZ.

I'm more worred about the level of household debt in NZ and the effects that will have on retail spending going forward. There could be further downside risk but as long as they can sort out the CODB than they should be able to ride it out.
    Last edited by Ogg; 12-03-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    It's run separately in New Zealand and Australia. They've had a lot of success here with their refurbs

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11721407
    A parent (Coles) with deep deep pockets to effect the transformation and turnaround - short term pain with long term gains.

WHS does not have such a shareholder (Tindall is taking WHS for dividends to maintain his charitable and venture capital initiatives) - short term gain for long term pains.

As long as Tindall remain the controlling shareholder, nothing is going to change save a continuation of the structural decline we have witnessed for the last 10 years.

Remember WHS's profits used to be bolstered by property development and investment gains - now it is rental expense putting further squeeze on margins and profits.