sharetrader
Page 247 of 733 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 7330
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Roger, I see the WHS has Castrol GTX 20w-50 on sale for $19, classic oil that, one of the best that has ever been produced, shame it's not suitable for your Hemi aye.
    Indeed that is a good oil couta, been around since Adam, great price too from the WHS. Just one fill in the mower every couple of years, a refill in the MX bike every ride, change it every 5k's in the road bike, or 10k's in the car, dilute it a bit and it's better than CRC, even works just fine as a 2-stroke oil ... a whole hosts of uses. Just need to turn it over in the motors before its 'use by date'. Those ****y synthetics are just another ploy to suck in the rich car owners who wouldn't know how to change their own oil, but are happy to pay the grease monkey a -very- tidy margin on some super slippery lube that lasts ... oh, just as long. Lol.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lol i got a q card once for a purchase from jb hifi put down no income or job on the application after a funny look from the sales person came back and said they given you a credit limit of 7000 lol to his amazement.
    Maybe i should get a warehouse card?
    Lol. Good story. I think I've said before, anyone who's worked in credit finance will know that they don't want any customers who can pay back their debts, preferably just the interest and let the principle run forever.

Those of you who have means will have no chance of securing a credit facility, whereas if you lied and wrote that you are on the dole, have no other income, or assets, you'd be signed up on the spot. This story seems to be the MO for posters trying to get a WHS finance credit card. Hardly surprising is it, albeit rather cynical?

If you were an investor using the contrary view, soon would be the time to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Roger, I see the WHS has Castrol GTX 20w-50 on sale for $19, classic oil that, one of the best that has ever been produced, shame it's not suitable for your Hemi aye.
    Is a shame mate, Mobil 1 OW-40 Gold at $109 only available at Repco is just a "little" more expensive.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    If you were an investor using the contrary view, soon would be the time to buy.
    I am with Roger on this one :

"Upon reflection I think 8.5 -9 x 19 = $1.61 -$1.71 is a fairer price range than the $2.00 I suggested the other day but the caveat to that is I would only invest at that price if I believed management had a viable plan to turn the company around and stem the losses in the finance unit."

Warehouse entry into the finance/credit card business is the best example of a company which has lost its*way. On paper, it all looks great - big customer base to sell credit cards to and by offering 5% discount, capture more of their retail spend.

What is very telling is its inability to execute the strategy successfully.

First it bought Diners' Card - a dinosaur which retailers and restaurants refuse to accept (or charge 3.5% surcharge for using) presumably to use its platform. Next, it raised $115m to support the roll out of the business and expressed great confidence of a two year plan to achieve profitability. Well, nothing to plan so far and it looks grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am with Roger on this one :

"Upon reflection I think 8.5 -9 x 19 = $1.61 -$1.71 is a fairer price range than the $2.00 I suggested the other day but the caveat to that is I would only invest at that price if I believed management had a viable plan to turn the company around and stem the losses in the finance unit."

Warehouse entry into the finance/credit card business is the best example of a company which has lost its*way. On paper, it all looks great - big customer base to sell credit cards to and by offering 5% discount, capture more of their retail spend.

What is very telling is its inability to execute the strategy successfully.

First it bought Diners' Card - a dinosaur which retailers and restaurants refuse to accept (or charge 3.5% surcharge for using) presumably to use its platform. Next, it raised $115m to support the roll out of the business and expressed great confidence of a two year plan to achieve profitability. Well, nothing to plan so far and it looks grim.
    Even though this 4traders outfit has F18 earnings at 19 cents a share its only going to be about 17 cents, unless dramatic improvement in financial performance is happening right now.

So 9 X 17 is $1.53 ......but NZ market is more optimistic than that and as long as WHS keep selling properties and maybe borrow more they'll continue with that big 15 cent dividend .......so it will never get to $1.53 eh
    Last edited by winner69; 05-04-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Punters not worried about WHS going broke - WHS020 still at miserable 4.2% yield
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I see retailers are now worried about Amazon opening a warehouse (small w) here if GST is imposed on lower priced imports. As seems to be happening in Oz, either causally or coincidentally, with distribution centres planned near to large metro areas.

Case of be careful what you wish for?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...amazon-into-nz

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/wareho...y-65m-b-201959

Positive news?

Or a case as in past property sales, booking the gains short term and on the hook for rentals and long term lease commitments?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/wareho...y-65m-b-201959

Positive news?

Or a case as in past property sales, booking the gains short term and on the hook for rentals and long term lease commitments?
    Selling the silverware to pay the bills. Expect them to disingenuously highlight their total profit for the year inclusive of the profit on the sale of this building just like Comvita will probably do with their silverware sale. One can simply speculate as to whether senior management bonus's are based on real IFRS profit or reported profit.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-04-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine