sharetrader
Page 255 of 733 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I can't see what will turn sentiment on this one for a while. Clearly their finance business is doing poorly and sales and margins are pretty flat. What will get people's confidence back in WHS in the short term?
    Slow but steady wins the race, WHS will never be a high flying capital gainer, but needs a chance to work on their strategies. What do you think K.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 02-06-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Like the other hound I am on the hunt for a new appliance and am an unhappy hound so I will be visiting Noel Leeming today. 6 1/4 years ago I purchased a (at the time) state of the art Samsung 52 inch television. Lately its been playing merry hell with not switching on, taking ages to get the capacitors to generate enough power to light the set up. Still has a great picture but getting it going is the issue and its getting steadily worse. Did some research on this yesterday and its all over the net, Samsung using under spec capacitors in their T.V's...basically they simply don't want them to last do they ! What really grinds my gears though is that Samsung seem to have the best picture quality but their new wiz bang fancy pants ultra high definition sets costing many thousands of dollars have a....wait for it..."whopping" 12 months warranty...I wonder why, (sarcasm intended). When some poor salesperson says can I help you to me later today, they might just encounter a very grumpy hound that barks out, yes you can, can you please show me the best televisions that have a proper warranty...that will be an excellent conversation starter. I'll also visit JB Hi Fi in the same mall, be interesting to compare prices, might go to Harvey Norman later this weekend. Rant over...(I feel slightly better already getting that off my chest LOL)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Think I read on CNet that Samsung should stick to making phones or words to that effect.
    We have a Panasonic 43" Plasma that is coming up 11 years old, still going strong - hope that is not famous last words!
    But also looking to renew soon, be interested in to see what you end up with - also looking at the 50-55" range

Could also try Magness Benrow if there is one near you

To keep a loose tie to the thread would not buy one of the Warehouse brands!, thought they do stock Sonys(??) and it would nearly as rear as Hen's teeth to find someone
    there who knows what they are talking about re TV's etc ??
    Last edited by Jay; 02-06-2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: addition to last comment

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Like the other hound I am on the hunt for a new appliance and am an unhappy hound so I will be visiting Noel Leeming today. 6 1/4 years ago I purchased a (at the time) state of the art Samsung 52 inch television. Lately its been playing merry hell with not switching on, taking ages to get the capacitors to generate enough power to light the set up. Still has a great picture but getting it going is the issue and its getting steadily worse. Did some research on this yesterday and its all over the net, Samsung using under spec capacitors in their T.V's...basically they simply don't want them to last do they ! What really grinds my gears though is that Samsung seem to have the best picture quality but their new wiz bang fancy pants ultra high definition sets costing many thousands of dollars have a....wait for it..."whopping" 12 months warranty...I wonder why, (sarcasm intended). When some poor salesperson says can I help you to me later today, they might just encounter a very grumpy hound that barks out, yes you can, can you please show me the best televisions that have a proper warranty...that will be an excellent conversation starter. I'll also visit JB Hi Fi in the same mall, be interesting to compare prices, might go to Harvey Norman later this weekend. Rant over...(I feel slightly better already getting that off my chest LOL)
    If you decide to buy from Leemings,take you mother's gold card with you.!
    They love to give oldies special prices.Seem to remember they gave me 30% off the vacum cleaner I brought off them, 9 months ago.

Well...I have consistently said Noel Leeming is the jewel in the crown of the WHS brand, (shame the rest of the crown is so tarnished).
    I was like a dog left speechless looking for a good howl...all set to waste most of my weekend kicking tyres on this, (digging deep down for the best bone LOL). Walked into local Noel Leeming, instantly saw a familiar face, the guy that sold my original set to me over 6 years ago...you here for a new telly mate he asked ? Yeah the old one is toast...probably electrical surges mate he replied, they fry capacitors even with surge protectors he said but have I got the perfect deal for you...it was like the guy was reading my mind...spooky. 55inch curved screen, (how did he know I like the new curved screens for wrap around immersive viewing ????) Samsung ultra high definition brand new in the box, not the 20% off sale of demo's they'd had running in their shop forever and a day. These were $3,200 six months ago mate, let me do you a good deal....hound muttered to himself under his breath... yeah, yeah I've heard that song before, quietly expecting about $2,200- $2,300 as have seen advertised elsewhere, $1,597 mate, really good T.V. you'll be very pleased with it. Hmmmm, couldn't help myself and bleated about the short warranty, I'll do you a 3 year extended warranty for $99, normally $199 mate. What's an hound to do with a blinder deal like that handed on a silver platter. All done, total 3-4 minutes in store. I knew the guy and know he's a straight shooter no B.S. salesman. No point looking around and shopping around when you're handed a ripper deal that solves you warranty concerns. Superb service. Saved hours of hassle and frustration.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-06-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Great deal.Well done.

Thanks Percy. Truth is you can pay up to three times that price, even on sale, for the very latest 2017 model of the same brand / sized telly with some allegedly better technology for a shaper image http://www.jbhifi.co.nz/tv-lcd-led-p...tv-sku-333241/ but as you get a bit older with not quite such good eyesight, a new prescription pair of glasses would probably make more difference
    Top Tip - How do you turn a 55 inch ultra high definition T.V. worth $1600 into a 75 inch ultra high definition telly worth $7,000 ? Sit a fair bit closer, they both have the same screen resolution, you get exactly the same effect of the bigger telly by sitting closer to the slightly less big one
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-06-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    We have a Panasonic 43" Plasma that is coming up 11 years old, still going strong - hope that is not famous last words!
    Ditto, ours has never skipped a beat.

Good stories. About Noel Leemings. - good from a consumer perspective but horrendous from a shareholders perspective

If thats what needed to make a sale no wonder NL operating margin is a razor thin 2%. Take of a share of interest and tax not much made on Roger's tele.

Competitive market sector.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good stories. About Noel Leemings. - good from a consumer perspective but horrendous from a shareholders perspective

If thats what needed to make a sale no wonder NL operating margin is a razor thin 2%. Take of a share of interest and tax not much made on Roger's tele.

Competitive market sector.
    You will enjoy SCY's latest announcement.