sharetrader
Page 264 of 736 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 7353

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    warehouse should ditch have of the s.it they sell and close all noel leaming and warehouse stationary stores and fold them all under one roof- save heaps on lease costs, staff costs, head office costs etc etc and then rebrand get rid of the warehouse brand its had its day. but i guess the new guy supported by the board will continue to waste millions on a no hope situation in its current state.
    gee when the warehouse closes one day there be lots of mall spaces around.
    some other smart people think alike as

Mega-retailer Super Retail Group Ltd(ASX: SUL) announced this morning that it was changing the face of its sports retailing businesses, Amart and Rebel Sports and combining the brands into one format.

http://www.fool.com.au/2017/07/25/su...-fight-amazon/
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

Not really a parallel case. Super Retail are combining two sports retailing businesses, not exiting the category. I agree though that WHS should be taking a hard look at those businesses that aren't sufficiently profitable with a view to sale or closure. Sale of the finance business indicates that they are doing just that.

Disc: Not holding.

really wondering if i shld bail on WHS ... theyre almost at what i bought them for and i wonder if the jump in price was just hot air around the news that theyre actually doing something to reel in the decline, but ultimately its not going to do anything amazing for the business

So this may already be news but warehouse stationary is getting absorbed into the warehouse. They expect this to be complete by early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    really wondering if i shld bail on WHS ... theyre almost at what i bought them for and i wonder if the jump in price was just hot air around the news that theyre actually doing something to reel in the decline, but ultimately its not going to do anything amazing for the business
    Personally there seems to be little upside to holding. Yes it may rise a little bit, but just sustaining the level of NPAT for the future is going to be hard, yet alone growing the business. You also have to wonder if they can sustain dividends at current level.

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    What he said below, I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Personally there seems to be little upside to holding. Yes it may rise a little bit, but just sustaining the level of NPAT for the future is going to be hard, yet alone growing the business. You also have to wonder if they can sustain dividends at current level.
    Briscoes would be my preferred choice in this sector or HLG for dividend hounds. I don't rate WHS at all and still believe at a fundamental level they're worth no more than $1.70 as articulated in recent posts. Brokers still have them on a 2018 EPS of 19 cps and I still believe there's an awful lot of risk around that number to the downside.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-07-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    So this may already be news but warehouse stationary is getting absorbed into the warehouse. They expect this to be complete by early next year.
    Havnt seen an announment is this confidential info you suggest?

Hi I'm new to the forum sorry hopefully not breaking rules if i'm allowed i can divulge where the source is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum sorry hopefully not breaking rules if i'm allowed i can divulge where the source is from.
    Be a good move save lots of money , can even picture the red sheds cut in half with warehouse red one half , warehouse blue other half and probably better to keep noel as stand alone

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Havnt seen an announment is this confidential info you suggest?
    I thought they mentioned such initiatives in recent presentations

Wasn't concentrating too much but I got impression where it makes sense and as stationary leases come up for renewal or something like that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”