sharetrader
Page 265 of 733 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I thought they mentioned such initiatives in recent presentations

Wasn't concentrating too much but I got impression where it makes sense and as stationary leases come up for renewal or something like that
    You right Winner this is old news covered in previous news release but no detail or specifics

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    So this may already be news but warehouse stationary is getting absorbed into the warehouse. They expect this to be complete by early next year.
    My impression behind this historic announcement was that it was the back offices of the red and blue sheds that were being combined. I don't think that it is envisaged that the red and blue sheds will morph into a brand of purple sheds at street level.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I think you my find that they are going to absorb into the one red shed and fairly quickly by all accounts. Planning has already begun.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    I think you my find that they are going to absorb into the one red shed and fairly quickly by all accounts. Planning has already begun.
    It is funny, but I had an impression that the main reason for the existence of the Blue Sheds at their birth was to move into the space vacated by the expanding (at the time) Red Sheds, by occupying what would otherwise be a vacant building with associated 'dead rent' obligations for the Warehouse Group. I guess if these Blue Shed leases are finally coming to an end, so does the reason for a separate Blue Shed to exist? Roll on the 'Purple Shed'.

SNOOPY

PS Always do my bulk photcopying at the Blue Sheds. Good quality equipment producing good copy at a good price.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I always wondered how the stationary side does non back to school months. It always seems pretty dead in there except for the printing section of the business. Seems very inconvenient at the present time that the two are split up. Why do I need to go somewhere separate just for stationary?

Anyways, I went to a proper Warehouse for the first time in perhaps a year just recently. I got in, there was a massive sale rack as soon as I walked in, with a bunch of bargain bins of $2 and $5 items. A lot of it looking like damaged stock that was probably there to recoup cost. I just needed some socks but the store wasn't as well lit as a K-Mart is, nor was it busy. A lot of tired looking aisles, and tired looking shop assistants who didn't want to help. I got my socks, went to a self checkout and realised there wasn't one. Just a lot of old fashioned checkouts (too many) with a bunch of staff not looking busy.

Yikes, not the shopping experience I hoped for or remember. Disc: not a holder.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Personally there seems to be little upside to holding. Yes it may rise a little bit, but just sustaining the level of NPAT for the future is going to be hard, yet alone growing the business. You also have to wonder if they can sustain dividends at current level.
    good advice ... glad to be out maybe if they successfully restructure might reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    good advice ... glad to be out maybe if they successfully restructure might reconsider
    they better hurry the share price is plummeting again
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Was in Warehouse barrington the other day at around 9.30am
    checkout assistant was bored, said I was only the third customer through her till.

Ten years ago that place was heaving with people now it like a ghost shop most the time.

Problem is their customers are exactly the sort of people who are now buying all their tat from ali baba

Mrs Beagle does all the buying for the grandkids and tells me K Mart is the new Wharehouse with far better products, better prices and a much more agreeable shopping experience overall. SP coming back down to earth with the realization that's a very long hard road to hoe to try and reinvigorate a tired old and very mature brand trading on a PE that's hardly cheap considering their recent track record. My valuation $1.70.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-07-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Mrs Beagle does all the buying for the grandkids and tells me K Mart is the new Wharehouse with far better products, better prices and a much more agreeable shopping experience overall. SP coming back down to earth with the realization that's a very long hard road to hoe to try and reinvigorate a tired old and very mature brand trading on a PE that's hardly cheap considering their recent track record. My valuation $1.70.
    But would you be buying at $1.70?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”