sharetrader
Page 284 of 733 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes percy, Lovisa amazing

High margin ....good stockturns ....make plenty of money

Took a guess what full year sales and profit will be but even if I am out a bit might make difference to the story
    Thanks so much both, W69 and Percy, very eyes opening to compare that.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12026384

"Jones said he personally knew the owner of The Warehouse premises in Kaikohe: "I know the guy who owns the property.

"They offered him a two-year lease. He went to his bank. He needed some certainty. The bank said 'you need longer than that'. He went back to the [Warehouse] and said 'I'm not independently wealthy, you're going to screw me and they summarily announced 'we're gone!'"

The beginning of the retreat of the Warehouse.

Fairly clear here that anyone who bought the stores from Warehouse on sale and leaseback basis are going to be screwed when WHS starts closing their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12026384

"Jones said he personally knew the owner of The Warehouse premises in Kaikohe: "I know the guy who owns the property.

"They offered him a two-year lease. He went to his bank. He needed some certainty. The bank said 'you need longer than that'. He went back to the [Warehouse] and said 'I'm not independently wealthy, you're going to screw me and they summarily announced 'we're gone!'"

The beginning of the retreat of the Warehouse.

Fairly clear here that anyone who bought the stores from Warehouse on sale and leaseback basis are going to be screwed when WHS starts closing their stores.
    Wasnt that long ago we were rueing the entry of Big Box retailers into rural towns. They had no guilt when the mom and pop SME's went bust on their arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Wasnt that long ago we were rueing the entry of Big Box retailers into rural towns. They had no guilt when the mom and pop SME's went bust on their arrival.
    Just as the car industry replaced and decimated the horse and carriage industry, the online retail industry will decimate the big warehouse type operators over time.

Sign of the changing times out there - Toyota's new distribution and pricing policy has caused considerable anguish (and futute pain) for previously highly highly rewarded and well paid salesmen who were making over $5k a car by offering only 5% discount when they were authorised to discount up to 10%!

closure in kiakohe just the start i reckon as the smaller stores in regional nz become ever more unprofitable
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Maybe Shane Jones splashed some cash - hey presto the closure in Kaikohe has been reversed!

Looks like it maybe to stay open now. Landlord has had second thoughts - who would want such a big space like that in Kaikohe

Don't think any politician should be sticking their oar in - it's a commercial decision, I would have thought
    Last edited by Jay; 05-04-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Banned

Six executives at the Warehouse earning over 1 million a year, up from one in the prior year. What an absolute joke and insult to shareholders, with massive underperformance, how can this be justified? Shutting up stores so these pigs can keep their snouts in the trough.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Six executives at the Warehouse earning over 1 million a year, up from one in the prior year. What an absolute joke and insult to shareholders, with massive underperformance, how can this be justified? Shutting up stores so these pigs can keep their snouts in the trough.
    You must be mistaken Couts me old mate?

Not in NZ surely
    Last edited by winner69; 05-04-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Media hourly rate of all team members was $18.81

CEO earned 36 times that

Annual Report 2017

Numbers will be higher 2018
    Last edited by winner69; 05-04-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”