sharetrader
Page 311 of 733 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 7330

I just returned from the Warehouse in Porirua, very busy. I bought some weights, now that my gym is closed, for $40.

People were filling up trolleys with the usual grocery items.The place is filled with pallets of essentials...and Easter Eggs. They were definitely about to run out of $1 cans of Oak Baked Beans but there were still a few cans of Delish Four bean mix in brine - not quite the same thing. Shelves had almost been stripped of just about all soap including the big Lux packets with 8 bars.

If they do get to stay open (and who knows) I hope their supply lines are secure to replace everything.

One last thing, people were buying board games in bulk.

Better hurry if you want these

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/delish-four-bean-mix-in-brine-400g/R1949091.html?lang=default
    Last edited by Bobdn; 23-03-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I just returned from the Warehouse in Porirua, very busy. I bought some weights, now that my gym is closed, for $40.

People were filling up trolleys with the usual grocery items.The place is filled with pallets of essentials...and Easter Eggs. They were definitely about to run out of $1 cans of Oak Baked Beans but there were still a few cans of Delish Four bean mix in brine - not quite the same thing. Shelves had almost been stripped of just about all soap including the big Lux packets with 8 bars.

If they do get to stay open (and who knows) I hope their supply lines are secure to replace everything.

One last thing, people were buying board games in bulk.

Better hurry if you want these

https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/del...l?lang=default
    Are they open tomorrow too? Or was today the last day.
    Technically it is not a supermarket but it does fulfil some of the requirements on the essential list.
    It does sell food, and essential consumables like sanitary products. It would be a good idea for them to keep it open as they sell just about everything people might need during a long lockdown. Like computers, phones, gaming machines, stuff to keep kids occupied.

Keep it open
    Last edited by ratkin; 23-03-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Are they open tomorrow too? Or was today the last day
    Yes, open tomorrow. And welcome aboard

Over the next few days I'm going to sell some bonds and transfer the proceeds into some index funds and in the weekend I'm going to update my networth and take my lumps and then I'm going to see if I can not look at the market for a few weeks or months. My PB is three months. Life is better without CNBC etc and the SMH business section.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, open tomorrow. And welcome aboard

Over the next few days I'm going to sell some bonds and transfer the proceeds into some index funds and in the weekend I'm going to update my networth and take my lumps and then I'm going to see if I can not look at the market for a few weeks or months. My PB is three months. Life is better without CNBC etc and the SMH business section.
    Brave to move into index funds at this stage, braver than me. Today wore me out mentally, not sure I can face looking at the markets much longer. But that will be the time to buy, when everyone else has lost interest.
    I did have Warehouse shares before, sold them at 2.45 a few weeks back. They have been making good progress before the virus showed up

Yes, I hate doing it. I put some in at -10 per cent; then today when indexes are now down 30 per cent (ftse, SP 500, ASX200) or there abouts. Will add more when we get to minus 40 per cent. I'll probably add a bit at minus 50 per cent. But that will be it.

The Warehouse to keep 92 stores open

That makes a mockery of the STAY AT HOME edict

At least I’ll be able to buy some pen and paper to do my sums

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...499/319451.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Warehouse to keep 92 stores open

That makes a mockery of the STAY AT HOME edict

At least I’ll be able to buy some pen and paper to do my sums

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...499/319451.pdf
    Just wait for Harvey Norman to jump up and down and claim its not fair. And so the ball starts rolling till all stores are open.

Advanced Member

20% Gains possible today, they were over 1.80 before lockdown announced then went to 1.50<br>
    <br>
    Good idea to keep it open, it sells everything anyone might need during lockdown. Just imagine how busy they will be. Great the Govt is supporting one of the iconic kiwi companies that employs 12,000 people<br>
    <br>
    Good work Jacinda !!

Actually with everyone home maybe it goes up much more than 20%

As for Harvey norman why should we help out an aussie company, need to look after our own!!
    Last edited by ratkin; 24-03-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Just wait for Harvey Norman to jump up and down and claim its not fair. And so the ball starts rolling till all stores are open.
    I mean it isn't really fair, is it?

I get allowing the red sheds to stay open, but allowing Noel Leeming, Warehouse Stationery, T7 etc to continue to trade just because they operate out of the same distribution centre is a kick in the teeth to other businesses (small and large) and makes a mockery of the concept of lockdown.

Either lock us down completely with only essential food/petrol/medical allowed (so warehouse can open but has to rope off everything else that isn't the food/drink aisles ... no Xbox or homeware browsing) or allow all distribution facilities to open so that businesses can trade online and get some form of revenue coming in to tide them over during the lockdown and keep the economy ticking a bit.

As it stands it just smacks of unfair corporate welfare for the Warehouse Group.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    I mean it isn't really fair, is it?

I get allowing the red sheds to stay open, but allowing Noel Leeming, Warehouse Stationery, T7 etc to continue to trade just because they operate out of the same distribution centre is a kick in the teeth to other businesses (small and large) and makes a mockery of the concept of lockdown.

The others are online only, does not put anyone at extra risk. It will be the people spending the day at the beach spreading the virus, not the distribution centre where they have good protocols in place. Not that I am biased or anything

Anyway up 20% already to 1.80 and should be much higher because it now has literally no competition, Lets just hope they can keep the supply channels flowing
    Last edited by ratkin; 24-03-2020 at 10:30 AM.