sharetrader
Page 312 of 733 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 7330

Well said Ratkin. The Warehouse provides aisles of essential goods including shelves upon shelves of infant formula and bleach - more than supermarkets! I'm not biased either.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The others are online only, does not put anyone at extra risk. It will be the people spending the day at the beach spreading the virus, not the distribution centre where they have good protocols in place. Not that I am biased or anything
    Then why not allow all distribution centers to open if that is the argument?

If a business can operate online only with no customer interface in-person, then let it trade. Otherwise Warehouse Group just gets an unfair leg up on everyone else and takes the mickey out of a serious situation.

For example, I work with a business that supplies drinking water tanks to homes and businesses.

Water is a heck of a lot more essential than buying an iPhone on 12 months' interest free from Noel Leeming ... this business' distribution center only has a few staff working at any time in a fairly remote location ... why shouldn't they get to open?

And so the slippery slope continues.

I should add I do agree with allowing the Red Shed to sell cleaning products, food, infant formula etc - but rest of the store should be roped off and not available to customers.
    Last edited by samjaynz; 24-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Advanced Member

The Warehouse be like...
    Last edited by Ogg; 24-03-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    Then why not allow all distribution centers to open if that is the argument?

If a business can operate online only with no customer interface in-person, then let it trade. Otherwise Warehouse Group just gets an unfair leg up on everyone else and takes the mickey out of a serious situation.

For example, I work with a business that supplies drinking water tanks to homes and businesses.

Water is a heck of a lot more essential than buying an iPhone on 12 months' interest free from Noel Leeming ... this business' distribution center only has a few staff working at any time in a fairly remote location ... why shouldn't they get to open?

And so the slippery slope continues.
    And a lot of those items e.g. iPhone's are now in very short supply due to this pandemic anyway. Baring a major failure of a key appliance, I can't see us purchasing anything like that for the next 4 weeks.

Advanced Member

Instead of complaining about them being open, snap us some cheap shares and profit from it.

Everyone gets a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Instead of complaining about them being open, snap us some cheap shares and profit from it.

Everyone gets a bargain
    Is there a money back guarantee on those too?

Guru

Nice recovery so far. managed to pick some up too

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Nice recovery so far. managed to pick some up too
    Yeah 33% and still rising. May make it back to 2.20

I think what will happen is we will stay with this level of quarantine for a week or Two then they will probably look at it again. If it not working they will tighten up even more, if it working well they will maybe allow a few other things to open.

As long as the warehouse enforce the social isolation thing then should be no problems

Advanced Member

A lot of social media saying warehouse should be closed. Will government intervene?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    A lot of social media saying warehouse should be closed. Will government intervene?
    Even a petition to force them to close

https://www.change.org/p/director-ge...nt_en-au%3Av11
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”