sharetrader
Page 322 of 736 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 7353

To be honest, traders who bought in yesterday did a good play, no one could have predicted this.

Hope some of you actually pulled out that juicy 40% gain

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    To be honest, traders who bought in yesterday did a good play, no one could have predicted this.

Hope some of you actually pulled out that juicy 40% gain
    Yeah and there was plenty of warning to get out, opposition to it was growing all morning, a petition came out, 500 plus negative posts on stuff etc.
    Should not cost them anything if they got in at 1.75 will probably settle around there anyway with the current positive market sentiment. Of course, tomorrow another day. Regardless of the lockdown, they had Two days of xmas like sales in the last couple of days. Probably equal to about Twenty normal days

Long-term still a great stock and hold. Argue sales will skyrocket sometime down the track too if peoples financial positions are not so great. Might even be a great pickup if it drops a lil haha

I know its not PC but I thought they gave it a go to stay trading and if I was an owner I would expect no less.
    But of course Andrew is right with his comment "If you're looking for a loophole, you're not seeing the point".
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Long-term still a great stock and hold. Argue sales will skyrocket sometime down the track too if peoples financial positions are not so great. Might even be a great pickup if it drops a lil haha
    Sorry disagree... the days of cheap stuff from China is over. Tarrifs will return and free trade agreements are thing of the past. Todays generation will see to it ...and it will last for another two gererations when things will naturally change again. Thankfully no more cheap plastic chairs at the BBQ...but a few decently crafted pinus radiata numbers. The throw away generation will be right now learning a lesson. So ironic that the hand that feeded them (China) has bitten them. Truth, once again, is stranger than fiction.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Sorry disagree... the days of cheap stuff from China is over. Tarrifs will return and free trade agreements are thing of the past. Todays generation will see to it ...and it will last for another two gererations when things will naturally change again. Thankfully no more cheap plastic chairs at the BBQ...but a few decently crafted pinus radiata numbers. The throw away generation will be right now learning a lesson. So ironic that the hand that feeded them (China) has bitten them. Truth, once again, is stranger than fiction.
    Even if true, who would be selling them? they are well-positioned for the medium term once the lockdowns stop given the slowing economic situation.

Advanced Member

The warehouse has many more sources for its products than just China, and even the chinese supply lines were up working very quickly.
    Do not be fooled by yesterdays petition, there are plenty who love the warehouse. Last couple of days it has been heaving. In a recession it will be popular as it was in the early 90s the last time we had mass unemployment. I would be more concerned about Noel Leeming than the red sheds

they are going to take a huge hit on easter eggs.I saw aisles full of them on tuesday.they might be able to do a deal with the supermarkets to take them off their hands,but unless the god squad postpones easter it's dead stock.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    they are going to take a huge hit on easter eggs.I saw aisles full of them on tuesday.they might be able to do a deal with the supermarkets to take them off their hands,but unless the god squad postpones easter it's dead stock.
    They can just talk to a couple of their shareholders then.....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    They can just talk to a couple of their shareholders then.....
    I’m pretty sure one of them bailed , if not both .