sharetrader
Page 348 of 733 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 7330
    Advanced Member

much more of this, and you will be chomped on like a dog biscuit...

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Ahem, excuse me ... Sir ... the dog sled team have...ahhh... asked me to (shuffling of paws) ... on their behalf ... express some... ahhh ... concern about the ....ammm.... quality of up-ramping recently.

Discl: hold (dog sled team Beagle)
    This one is giving me "paws" for thought. I suggest the team take a break from the mushing and just sit around and eat some dog biscuts. Might be a long journey with this one...might need a lot of patience. While we're waiting we could see how our mates are getting on https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7504726/

I remember reading that book as a young pup at school...really enjoyed it and the movie is great too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-07-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Trading update looks quite satisfactory to me.
    To be honest I actually thought the trading update was very good. Company is cautious on the outlook which seems quite a prudent approach to me.
    Even if their online system needs some serious work the company seems to be doing okay to me. The thing with cheapish dog's...they have potential !
    There's... that's a reasonable and accurate statement that will keep the team happy for a while
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    much more of this, and you will be chomped on like a dog biscuit...
    LOL I see what you did there

Advanced Member

you must ba a seeing eye dog...

Guru

You can't really except five star treatment from a discount retailer. I'm happy paying low prices and being able to see the items in store.

Obviously the shortfalls should be fixed, within reason, and hopefully there is a more useful online aspect saying that. Though it's mostly been fine for me.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 15-07-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    .....The thing with cheapish dog's...they have potential !
    There's... that's a reasonable and accurate statement that will keep the team happy for a while
    Ah.. thanks chief ... I'll take it back to the guys. I'm reminded of an old adage about deceased horses and flogging that maybe also could be applied to dogs (companies not beagles). I'm thinking with this company that it might not be so much a race between dog sleds as a race between dividend payments and capital depreciation. Still, we need as you say to stay positive. This sled is not pulling itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Ah.. thanks chief ... I'll take it back to the guys. I'm reminded of an old adage about deceased horses and flogging that maybe also could be applied to dogs (companies not beagles). I'm thinking with this company that it might not be so much a race between dog sleds as a race between dividend payments and capital depreciation. Still, we need as you say to stay positive. This sled is not pulling itself!
    I consulted with the other dog sled team leader and Buck reckons we're still on the right track. He reckons all dog sled team members need to buck up their attitude, nothing any good was ever achieved without a bit of tenacity. https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2649454...tt_pv_vi_aiv_1
    He also said to stay close, Dog's aren't called man's best friend without very good reasons
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-07-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Banned

I will buy in if they close or consolidate all the stores....close the non performing one n concentrate on the marketplace

percy

Had to pick up something for a daughter this afternoon from Wharehouse Stationery,South City .They were doing the business.Humming.