sharetrader
Page 369 of 733 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 7330
    ... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Way the WHS shareprice rocketing up it's going to be one of the stars of the NZX - or at least the best retail stock

Recent high was 250 - probably surpass that by Christmas

As an aside was in Noel Leeming getting a new cable to recharge ipad
    I was in NL needing dw and smart TV... the dish drawer on display at 1700 had no stock at all (?) and the Sony super smart discounted 600 had a 4 day wait time for them to transfer it. Ordered the Sony. I also went to warehouse upstairs and bought a 399 dw as it was to go in a rental... lets hope it does breakdown too soon

There are numerous supply chain issues with whiteware, and tech products in general. We are waiting on a specific model of LCD monitor from a wholesaler that usually has numerous units in stock, and they have indicated that it could be well into Q1 before any supplies arrive.

House flicking/renovations, shipping issues & associated fast-rising costs, working from home etc. have all had a significant impact.

percy

I brought the grand daughter the latest Apple I pad from Leemings.Paid upfront.Was not sure whether it would take a month, or three months to arrive.
    Grand daughter was happy it arrived three days later.
    Hurt not receiving my "Gold Card" or any other discount.
    On the Panasonic TV I brought a month ago ,I went back to the salesman, as I thought I had received too big a discount.No "Gold Card" discount.Correct amount charged.Leemings' price was less than Harvey Normans',then I received the big "Gold Card" discount from Leemings. Huge difference in their prices.
    Never bothered checking prices with "Smiths".
    Last edited by percy; 08-11-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sure it is, where's my Tui ?

I forgot where I left my truck .. am I too late for the thing doing agile ?

Guru

Good sales growth for T7 and Noel, Red Sheds not so much.....

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/363182

The Warehouse Group First Quarter Sales Update

13/11/2020, 9:08 amMKTUPDTEAuckland, 13 November 2020
    The Warehouse Group First Quarter Sales Update

Highlights
    • Group sales of $738.5 million, up 6.3% on Q1 FY20
    • Strong sales growth particularly for Noel Leeming, up 11.5%, and Torpedo7, up 41.8%
    • Same store sales growth across all brands
    • Online sales growth of 58%, representing 11.3% of Group sales for the quarter

The Warehouse Group today reported sales for the first quarter ending 1 November of $738.5 million, up 6.3% on the same quarter last year. Gross margin percentage has also been strong, up circa 170 basis points on Q1 last year.
    Group CEO Nick Grayston said the result is a positive start to FY21 and continues the sales momentum of the final quarter of FY20.

“The business is trading well, particularly given the uncertain and unpredictable economic environment and we are now focused on continuing this momentum as we head into the second and largest summer trading quarter, said Mr Grayston.

As we saw at the end of the FY20 year, Group online demand continued to grow in the first quarter of FY21 with sales of $83.7 million, up 58% compared to the same quarter last year. Online sales as a percentage of total Group sales increased from 7.6% to 11.3%, with all Group brands experiencing significant online growth.
    The Warehouse recorded sales of $379.5 million in the quarter, up 2.9% on the same quarter last year. Sales increased by 8.1% on a same store sales basis, driven mainly by sales growth in the toys, leisure and outdoor categories. Of all the brands, The Warehouse was the most impacted by the second Auckland lockdown from 12 August 2020 to 30 August 2020. During the quarter, the previously announced store closures of Johnsonville and Dunedin Central occurred. The Dunedin Central store was also converted to a dark store to support online sales fulfilment in the region.

Warehouse Stationery recorded sales of $61.8 million in the quarter, a decline of 1.9% but up 0.5% on a same store sales basis. The Store-Within-A-Store programme continued, with the six stores completed being Masterton, Whanganui, Oamaru, Riccarton, and Te Awamutu. This brings the total number of SWAS stores to 23.

Noel Leeming reported sales for the first quarter of $250.8 million, an increase of 11.5% compared to the same quarter last year. Quarterly same store sales increased 9.1%. There was sales growth across all categories, with particular strength in Computers, Communications and Whiteware. During the quarter the previously announced store closure of Tokoroa occurred.

Torpedo7 recorded very strong sales growth, with a 41.8% increase to $33.8 million on the same period last year and a 39.2% increase on same store sales. These sale numbers do not include 1-day, which has previously been reported as part of the Torpedo7 Group. Categories that performed strongly in the second half of FY20 continue to perform well, including Cycle, Outdoor and Watersports. There were no new store openings in this quarter.

TheMarket.com has now been operating a full year since August 2019. Now hosting over 4,000 brands and more than two million products, sales through the platform for Q1 were in line with expectations. For the quarter, TheMarket.com achieved over 1 million monthly sessions which is up over 300% relative to the same quarter last year.

Group inventory levels have continued to build since the FY20 year end and though our inventory levels are down on this time last year, we remain confident that we can meet our customer needs. As has been the case for most retailers, COVID-19 has required additional measures to be taken to ensure there are sufficient inventory levels to meet customer demand during the peak trading period. However, there may be some specific categories in the Torpedo7 and The Warehouse brands that are impacted by delays in international shipping.

As in previous years, the earnings outlook for FY21 will be dependent on the critical second quarter
    trading period and earning guidance will be considered on announcement of the Group’s interim results.

The Annual Shareholder Meeting will take place on Friday 27 November 2020.
    ENDS
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 13-11-2020 at 09:15 AM.

percy

A very positive announcement.
    Augers well for their peak trading 2nd quarter.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A very positive announcement.
    Augers well for their peak trading 2nd quarter.
    Supply could be an issue for some products - not just affecting WHS, but all retailers.

Shipping in (and out) of NZ currently is problematic, with delays due to port strikes in Australia and also port congestion (particularly at POA). Vessels are also missing ports and MSC and Maersk have put surcharges on POA shipments. Not sure about importers, but 2-3 weeks delays would not be uncommon for exporters.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I brought the grand daughter the latest Apple I pad from Leemings.Paid upfront.Was not sure whether it would take a month, or three months to arrive.
    Grand daughter was happy it arrived three days later.
    Hurt not receiving my "Gold Card" or any other discount.
    On the Panasonic TV I brought a month ago ,I went back to the salesman, as I thought I had received too big a discount.No "Gold Card" discount.Correct amount charged.Leemings' price was less than Harvey Normans',then I received the big "Gold Card" discount from Leemings. Huge difference in their prices.
    Never bothered checking prices with "Smiths".
    Wow... gold card courtesy of a certain Winston Peters

Also I have noticed warehouse doing a lot of TV advertising, including for The Market for 'singles day', no i don't watch a lot of TV either. Daughter was curious about TM she didn't know anything about it and had not looked at it but had seen it come up regularly online.
    Last edited by Habits; 13-11-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Anyone notice the logo on the side of Team NZs new boat .... TheMarket.com .... interesting. At the same time Trademe is doing advertorials and interviews, they're obviously suffering

Yes Habits! Surprised me too. Got be worth millions that spot on the boat. Lady Tindall even got to swing the champagne!

Trademe no longer a kiwi owned company so maybe a good move by The Warehouse.