sharetrader
Page 375 of 733 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 7330
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whatever the dividend will be, it will be for any shareholder at registration date, has nothing to do with whether they stuck with the company for years ... or just bought them :

But yes, I suppose most retailers will have a good result after this Christmas and a post-covid catchup ... though it is in my view not clear whether this allows extrapolations into the future.
    The Market has obviously had a major boost from covid, was very much a backwater platform before 2020 but has now entered the consciousness of the online buying consumer, so there should at least be some positives going forward. The stronger NZ dollar will also be helpful, although that will not last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The Market has obviously had a major boost from covid, was very much a backwater platform before 2020 but has now entered the consciousness of the online buying consumer, so there should at least be some positives going forward. The stronger NZ dollar will also be helpful, although that will not last forever.
    nzd will remain strong , money printing by US will keep there dollar weak and nzd strong
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Whatever the dividend will be, it will be for any shareholder at registration date, has nothing to do with whether they stuck with the company for years ... or just bought them :

But yes, I suppose most retailers will have a good result after this Christmas and a post-covid catchup ... though it is in my view not clear whether this allows extrapolations into the future.
    agree most retailers should do well. im picking noel leeming as the standout if gerry harvey comments are anything to go by in regards to harvey norman. as far as the future i dont see covid going away in a hurry as vacine roll out will take a lot of time hence retailers should continue to do well next couple years at least

special div announced nice

This special dividend feels a little weird to me. No indication in the announcement of when it will be paid, and we're only about 7 weeks out from the interim results. Nice that it is being paid but just slightly weird handling of it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    This special dividend feels a little weird to me. No indication in the announcement of when it will be paid, and we're only about 7 weeks out from the interim results. Nice that it is being paid but just slightly weird handling of it.

Not really - look at the announcement again:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367112

No date given - would expect it soon for Special dividend

"Given this elevated trading performance and following the decision not to pay a dividend for FY20, we have now decided to pay a special dividend of 5 cents. “

and then here's reference to Interim Div 2021 - in past years paid in second week of April:

"A decision on an interim dividend has yet to be made and will be announced with the H1 result on 25 March."

Have to give them time to dot the i's cross the 't's' sign the Board Resolutions and fire the filings off to NZX
    on these things ..

Remember HY 2021 has probably been really good too
    The Special is FY 2020 - where no Div was being paid previously at all before now

So basically two lots of good news in todays release for Holders ..
    Last edited by nztx; 04-02-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add more

Legend

Special Div dates announced on NZX today - 5.0 cps fully imputed

Ex Div 16 Feb - Payment date 4 Mar

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367294

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Special Div dates announced on NZX today - 5.0 cps fully imputed

Ex Div 16 Feb - Payment date 4 Mar

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367294
    nice 5 cps shortly.
    my pick is a 10cps dividend to be announced shortly with results as well and would be based on historical norms as well and signal conviction in there opinion of the future performance of the group.
    retail may pick up even more once the increase in savings is unleased.

JB HIFI just released results in AUS. amazing standout appliances , computers etc , so i stick to my belief noel leeming and to lesser extent tepedo 7 will be stand outs in overall good reults.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    JB HIFI just released results in AUS. amazing standout appliances , computers etc , so i stick to my belief noel leeming and to lesser extent tepedo 7 will be stand outs in overall good reults.
    Noel Leeming only decent part of WHS group.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”