sharetrader
Page 387 of 733 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 7330
    Investments

The way they positioning themselves and getting lots of media attention and coming out with flash results etc ...SP booming .

Its very possible some private placement of promoters or some equity offer in the pipeline

Any thoughts ??

Warehouse Group's balance sheet ready for acquisitions, says CEO Nick Grayston

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OIVJWZCRF6GKE/

The Warehouse reports record first-half profit; resumes dividends

It looks a very good result,” said Grant Williamson, an investment adviser at Hamilton Hindin Greene

While the company had benefited from some “buoyancy” in the market, chief executive Nick Grayston said improvements in the way it operated would continue to boost profitability in the future.
    “We believe that our performance is sustainable,” he said.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...umes-dividends

one step ahead of the herd

I see Foodstuffs still hold 6% of the company.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Opinion - Cindy's bully boy tactics publicly admonishing WHS meant ostensibly WHS were under enormous political pressure to pay back the wage subsidy, especially in the context that they had no choice but to streamline the company and make 600 or more staff redundant. Repayment cost shareholders 19.49 cents per share

We could have had a half year dividend of 31 cents per share not 13 cps (if only the directors had the gonads to ignore the leftist rants of the school yard bullies).

Oh well, there's always next year "Grayston said the bumper first-half result was more to do with "everything the group had done" as opposed to the benefit of increased demand as a result of circumstances. He said he expected financial gains for the group and shareholders to continue from here on out: "We believe the benefits are structural."...and reported elsewhere

While the company had benefited from some “buoyancy” in the market, chief executive Nick Grayston said improvements in the way it operated would continue to boost profitability in the future. “We believe that our performance is sustainable,” he said.

What I am hearing there is this suggests the current adjusted result of $111m has every chance of being repeated or exceeded going forward !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

We could have had a half year dividend of 31 cents per share not 13 cps (if only the directors had the gonads to ignore the leftist rants of the school yard bullies).
    Ok....I’ll take the bait.
    Jeeze Beagle, you still banging on about this. I’d have been real happy (not) if my taxes had contributed to a higher dividend for WHS shareholders. I think the excellent result earned off the back of NZ Taxpayers demonstrates why they didn’t need the subsidy. Anyway...I know we disagree on this. Good luck holders, well done.

I for one find it really bizarre that really well off retiree's earning a really good income are still happy with a straight face to receive a benefit from the Govt every week at a cost to the Govt of billions of dollars every single year on an ongoing basis but then go on to admonish any form of corporate support whatsoever no matter how badly it was needed at the time. Its absolutely bizarre. Those who live in glasshouses should not throw stones.

Hard on the heals of Cindy's blatant tax grab from investors pockets with the non deducibility of interest its a bitter pill to swallow to think the dividend could have been more than double what it is if it weren't for the ESG leftist nonsense. Maybe its time to bring back the national super surtax so these fat cats don't get any richer off ordinary Kiwi's backs ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-03-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Would like to see the company have another crack at the supermarket game. Lidl/aldi style Leave the tins etc on their pallets, and sell it cheap. Cuts out the need for shelf stackers etc. They never really went past chocolate and toiletries so far.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I for one find it really bizarre that really well off retiree's earning a really good income are still happy with a straight face to receive a benefit from the Govt every week at a cost to the Govt of billions of dollars every single year on an ongoing basis but then go on to admonish any form of corporate support whatsoever no matter how badly it was needed at the time. Its absolutely bizarre. Those who live in glasshouses should not throw stones.

Hard on the heals of Cindy's blatant tax grab from investors pockets with the non deducibility of interest its a bitter pill to swallow to think the dividend could have been more than double what it is if it weren't for the ESG leftist nonsense. Maybe its time to bring back the national super surtax so these fat cats don't get any richer off ordinary Kiwi's backs ?
    OT but I doubt there are that many being really well off and earning good incomes... Those who are, have probably paid millions in tax over the years so its nice for them to be rewarded with a pension. I am still angry at winston over-claiming and then spending millions on legal fees to justify it. Probably thats a reason why he isnt back in wgtn.
    Last edited by Habits; 25-03-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Would like to see the company have another crack at the supermarket game. Lidl/aldi style Leave the tins etc on their pallets, and sell it cheap. Cuts out the need for shelf stackers etc. They never really went past chocolate and toiletries so far.
    Don't FoodStuffs or Countdown own a good part of the WHS.Pretty sure they both did at 1 stage but 1 got out.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Don't FoodStuffs or Countdown own a good part of the WHS.Pretty sure they both did at 1 stage but 1 got out.
    Foodstuffs still own 6% ....holding for a reason?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”