sharetrader
Page 393 of 733 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I've seen more than enough studies evidencing the relatively quick share price recovery of shares going ex dividend to convince me that in the vast majority of cases (taking a view of several weeks), one is better buying cum dividend than ex dividend. It doesn't always work, but far more often than not in my opinion. I think bull has hit the nail squarely on the head with his comment directly above.
    and even more true in a bull market
    one step ahead of the herd

Strong day, $4 imminent

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Strong day, $4 imminent
    Patience grasshopper, will drop on Tuesday, it will get there one day, but not for a while. Unless of course there is some unexpected good news
    Last edited by ratkin; 01-04-2021 at 08:50 PM.

... have power to make you great

Minimum wage increase and benefit increase kicks in today. My pick is that a large portion of the extra money will go straight into spending hand to mouth, although I hope I am wrong. Retailers such as WHS will do very well from this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Minimum wage increase and benefit increase kicks in today. My pick is that a large portion of the extra money will go straight into spending hand to mouth, although I hope I am wrong. Retailers such as WHS will do very well from this imo.
    too true what you say.
    totally support the minimum wage going up. in fact they should get rid of the term minimum wage and instead call it the living wage and forth with increase it to this level.
    one step ahead of the herd

I had better stay away from tomorrow's big Warehouse Easter egg sale. Chocolate is not good for fat dog's. Have to come up with healthy alternative ways to spend the big forthcoming dividend and the big HLG dividend too. Bit of a shame these companies don't run a dividend reinvestment program, might have to run my own dividend reinvestment program, now there's a good idea !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I had better stay away from tomorrow's big Warehouse Easter egg sale. Chocolate is not good for fat dog's. Have to come up with healthy alternative ways to spend the big forthcoming dividend and the big HLG dividend too. Bit of a shame these companies don't run a dividend reinvestment program, might have to run my own dividend reinvestment program, now there's a good idea !!

Been rolling in dividends this week, Genesis, Mercury, Contact etc. The Genesis one in particular, ridiculously high payout, can't beat a good divi payer

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Been rolling in dividends this week, Genesis, Mercury, Contact etc. The Genesis one in particular, ridiculously high payout, can't beat a good divi payer
    Yes its a nice problem to have. I got ARG, Turners and GNE's dividends this week. No idea what to do with them and then gargantuan ones from WHS and HLG coming this month. I know if I spent it all on Easter eggs I'd have diabetes in no time at all lol
    First world problems eh
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Yes its a nice problem to have. I got ARG, Turners and GNE's dividends this week. No idea what to do with them and then gargantuan ones from WHS and HLG coming this month. I know if I spent it all on Easter eggs I'd have diabetes in no time at all lol
    First world problems eh
    Time for some generous donations to worthy causes, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Time for some generous donations to worthy causes, perhaps?
    Yes, absolutely !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2021 at 02:51 PM.