sharetrader
Page 417 of 733 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I noted in the recent half year result that their weighted average lease term is 4 years so there is quite a considerable opportunity to rationalize their extensive national footprint over the next few years especially in light of store within a store and online initiatives. I hope they don't do an acquisition, they have a lot of work to do on enhancing efficiencies and optimizing product selection.
    But big cash balances are a temptation aren’t ....acquisitions the answer says the text book
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Share buybacks/special dividends are good. Cash will be eaten up by inflation
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 22-05-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But big cash balances are a temptation aren’t ....acquisitions the answer says the text book
    They have sort of done the acquisition thing. Remember Silly Sollies and the other aussi acquisitions. The past acquisitions here a bit opportunistic imo. Don't think there is any appetite or rationale for new ones. Most retailers just busy trying to manage their own transitions in sales channels. What I mean is any aussi or international guys unlikely to come here to have a crack at establishing competition. I don't think retailers bankers would be easy to convince either that world domination is a sound strategy. I think that is the CEOs approach by the looks also. That means it is a divvy stock. What is reasonable as a long term yield?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    This made me laugh... if correct about the italian made pizza vs nz made McCains and both sold here. Anyway I will stick with the ready-made dominoes $5 deal
    Definitely correct, and up to date, I had both last week, and the $4 is a standard price, not on special..

The story is even more bizarre, I'm pretty sure the Italian ones are 50/100g heavier as well, & the pepperoni is top notch.

It wouldnt surprise me to find out the mozzerella cheese is actually made in NZ, & exported to Italy to make them, then send them back here.
    While the McCain one doesnt specifically mention Hastings on the box, It probably is made here, but I accept national pricing applies.

As someone else quoted recently on one of these threads, Nino Culotta's book title, "They're a weird mob"

Update, in the interests of accuracy.
    Woolworths Pepperoni pizza, 400g. $4.00. Made in Italy.
    McCain Spinach & Mozzarella. 350g. $6.50. Made in Australia.

Both standard pricing, not specials, at Countdown.
    Last edited by Getty; 22-05-2021 at 08:31 PM. Reason: misspelt Culotta.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Where's the self-service checkouts?

Kmart has them already and both supermarkets.
    2 WHS stores I have been in, Hastings & Porirua both have self service, at least since last October, probably longer,

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The pandemic recovery has and continues to involve distributions of billions of $ into the economy, I suspect retail will benefit (pun) for years to come.
    The covid phase we are in now is optimine I would say for retailers like the Warehouse. No lockdowns, minimal foreign travel, high employment, increased benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    2 WHS stores I have been in, Hastings & Porirua both have self service, at least since last October, probably longer,
    They could work on the aesethics on the ones in Christchurch. It looks like the local DIYer knocked them up. No scales like Kmart have either.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I have seen at least two in Auckland - Manukau and Takanini

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    They have sort of done the acquisition thing. Remember Silly Sollies and the other aussi acquisitions. The past acquisitions here a bit opportunistic imo. Don't think there is any appetite or rationale for new ones. Most retailers just busy trying to manage their own transitions in sales channels. What I mean is any aussi or international guys unlikely to come here to have a crack at establishing competition. I don't think retailers bankers would be easy to convince either that world domination is a sound strategy. I think that is the CEOs approach by the looks also. That means it is a divvy stock. What is reasonable as a long term yield?
    Catch up mate - management said after the most recent earnings that they are keen for acquisitions.

Re the Foodstuffs WHS sell-down. I am disappointed to have missed out on this. I hold WHS in my portfolio and gain personal satisfaction supporting them.
    I returned home Friday to find an email from Jarden Direct arrived at 10.30am detailing offer - and for orders to be in by 11.30.
    Not much use to me at 6.30 pm Friday evening.
    Is this correct-was this offer only for people connected to the internet for those few hours or did I also miss some pre advice this was coming up?