sharetrader
Page 449 of 733 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 7326

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Torpedo7 stock turns pretty shocking
    Its quite a different sort of product I think and I'm surprised its done as well as it has. Part of the WHS portfolio now ... Provides a bit of scale and diversity - maybe not too much else.
    But I mean, can they do more red sheds?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Its quite a different sort of product I think and I'm surprised its done as well as it has. Part of the WHS portfolio now ... Provides a bit of scale and diversity - maybe not too much else.
    But I mean, can they do more red sheds?
    Torpedo 7 seems busy when I've gone in.
    Sales increasing as they open more stores. Can't see why it's a bad thing

Advanced Member

Stockturns discussion and BP's T7 experience interesting

Maybe time to get rid of them
    Why would they sell them when they are integrating the operations into the groups merged operating system (Logistics, warehousing, inventory management, online sales etc - the more brands WHS has using the same integrated system, the more efficient it becomes for the entire group), and when sales for T7 have been performing like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.24.34 PM.jpg
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 27-07-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    The emerging consensus around the long term impact of covid on recovered people is going to have a bigger impact in future. while immediate concerns are around survival rates, there is already studies indicating the life long impact is worse than heart disease or diabetes, and a drop in mental capacity of 9 IQ points on average. It won't be long before this becomes a significant public concern.
    Interesting. Do you have a link for these studies LEK ?

Stockturns discussion and BP's T7 experience interesting

Maybe time to get rid of them
    I was under the impression from the comms I received while working at Noels that T7 was still in its expansion/growth phase, increasing its NZ footprint, before churning out the sales. Its been an outstanding performer during covid due to everyone wanting leisure activity items, as it was I ordered an E-bike and was told it would be 4-5months due to stock issues. (They actually had to employ a security team to protect stock enroute to NZ as another countries ports i.e. Australia were taking stock designated for NZ and then sussing it out with the supplier.)

Advanced Member

Something needs to be done about the supermarkets in this country they a disgrace 400 dollars today for weekly shop it must be up over 25% in the last year, they using covid as excuse to fleece us

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Something needs to be done about the supermarkets in this country they a disgrace 400 dollars today for weekly shop it must be up over 25% in the last year, they using covid as excuse to fleece us
    Agreed and the draft report of the Commerce Commission's findings agrees too. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Interesting times with WHS. I would think they are well positioned with their national store footprint that's ripe for change and rationaliztion.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...FJXPNAHSUGDYE/
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-07-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed and the draft report of the Commerce Commission's findings agrees too. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp

Interesting times with WHS. I would think they are well positioned with their national store footprint that's ripe for change and rationaliztion.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...FJXPNAHSUGDYE/
    Maybe WHS make excessive profits as well ……what’s their ROE?

Profit $160m plus on $430m shareholder equity pretty good
    Last edited by winner69; 29-07-2021 at 08:36 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Maybe WHS make excessive profits as well ……what’s their ROE?

Profit $160m plus on $430m shareholder equity pretty good
    creating excessive profits is not illegal in of itself. If it’s generated from market behavior that is judged to be monopolistic that is a different story. WHS is nowhere near any sort of monopoly or duopoly situation of course.

I think the key here is that the duopoly's profits are persistently high. If WHS can consistently make ~ $200m per year for many many years other competitors will be attracted to that sector.
    Comm Comm's take is that the incumbents ostensibly act to willfully obstruct other competitors and engage in other anticompetitive activities. Basically they're acting in a contrived manner to bleed Kiwi's dry.

They mention its hard to get site's for suitable sized stores for other competitors. I know one company that's well positioned in that regard
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine