sharetrader
Page 457 of 736 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 7353
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    The Warehouses's DINERS CLUB (NZ) now officially stuffed

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/125...arehouse-group

Spose it had it's uses & own niche in it's better days, but maybe as hinted at - at the prescribed cost of an arm & three legs for the privilege ..

God only knows how WHS thought DINERS would fit into any part of their works & brandings when acquired ..

more at link..
    on a slightly related note - I wonder if/when WHS will start supporting a buy now pay later service like AfterPay (or even create their own)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    on a slightly related note - I wonder if/when WHS will start supporting a buy now pay later service like AfterPay (or even create their own)
    Concidering they have the market power to do it I'm surprised they havent
    On another note I wish they would drop flybuys and bring in airpoints. Espe ially since Harvey Norman dropped air points

On another another note.
    Will we see a trading update within the next week just to keep bumping the share price along

Investments

Hopefully WHS will start from where NZX failure stopped it abruptly . Today 3.75 !!!

The irony. Diners was a good business decision executed poorly (and at too much expense). The ability to leverage the acquisition and build a financing capability to support retail (eg an AfterPay function, data mining of customer spend and behavior, finance deals, a reward program etc) was lost when the CFO at the time (Stephen Small) died suddenly. Without his vision it was left to the the current CEO and his carefully selected mgmt to support the changes needed. From what I heard, this never happened and became the elephant in the portfolio.

Advanced Member

Ok, a bit lazy on my part, The Warehouse already offers a buy now pay later service using Zip.

also, there is a warehouse money visa credit card (looks like it’s an SBS product), which offers 5% off when using st the warehouse (might have to get me one of those, but I’m not sure they are still offered?)

Also they seem to use Finance Now financial services (which is also a SBS product) across the group as well for financing deals.

this follows after Warehouse sold its financial arm to SBS in 2017.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 06-08-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Briscoes sales update today gives further encouragement to shareholders in the retail space. Clear breakout up through the 100 day moving average so technically this provides considerable encouragement to those who have been buying on the compelling fundamentals'. This is already my #1 investment position but its really tempting to load up even more.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-08-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Briscoes sales update today gives further encouragement to shareholders in the retail space. Clear breakout up through the 100 day moving average so technically this provides considerable encouragement to those who have been buying on the compelling fundamentals'. This is already my #1 investment position but its really tempting to load up even more.
    Briscoes booming alright

You’d think TWG stores would be doing better

WHS share price over 4 bucks in next week or two …esp after momentum of yesterday
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeez Briscoes make 46m on 358m ….profit margin an obscene 13% ….no wonder they trade at relatively high PEs

If TWG did that they’d be making 450m profit ….but different mix of business (esp with Noel Teeming) so their 5% profit margin respectable enough ……especially seeing it’s improving these days

Advanced Member

Got to think Briscoes would be hitting at least $100 million NPAT full year based on that half year figure. In that light they are sitting at only 13x PE.

From Briscoes' announcement -A more relevant period to compare against would be the first half of 2 years ago. Under this more normalised comparison, the Group’s half year sales increased by 18.30%, with the first quarter increasing by 14.94% and then strengthening to an increase of 21.61% for the second quarter.

TWG did this comparison on their last sales update .... sales only up about 10% on F19

Briscoes doing better than TWG .... can't be true

Good sign though is for Briscoes the last quarter growth was better than the previous one. Hope that's the case with TWG as well.