sharetrader
Page 467 of 736 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 7353

Huge synergies by combining two companies of OCA and MET's size.

Anyway back to WHS. Maybe a takeover prospect itself ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

WHS needs something to kick it into gear - it certainly appears a bit unloved on a day when the market generally is heading north!

Guru

Retail doesnt seem to be in favour today..lockdowns having an effect? a Buy day then for those feeling bullish on retail.. MFT and EBO having a good day.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Where's that optimism gone, Beagle? Aren't we expecting an exciting profit announcement any day?

Retail the place to be invested. WHS shareholders will be rewarded soon.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Where's that optimism gone, Beagle? Aren't we expecting an exciting profit announcement any day?

I'm not sure any company would want to give a trading update at present unless there is a statutory obligation to do so. Scheduled report day for the full year is 29 September. Hope we're out of lockdown by then.
    Hope they take the Govt's Covid support and keep it this time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Let's take a second and examine the conditions that made this such a compelling company this year.

1. People aren't traveling and are therefore spending their money on the Homefront.
    2. The evidence from the last year suggests this means staggering numbers for local retailers.

Now ask yourself, have recent developments made it more likely or less likely that these conditions will continue?

I think we know the answer to that. Travel is off for a while. Maybe even a long while. Money will continue to flow aggressively inwards. Is this really in dispute?

Therefore, all recent drops in the shareprice are temporary. There WILL be a hit resulting from the recent lockdowns, no getting around that. But I would argue it's actually a positive thing for the stock. Perhaps one bad month followed by 11 exceptional months.

Screaming buy to me right now. Maybe not RIGHT this second, but who can actually time this stuff perfectly?

I'll look back with pleasure reading this in a year. I posted during the last lockdown about the incredible amounts of wealth that are built in these situations. This is one of those situations. Get in or get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    Let's take a second and examine the conditions that made this such a compelling company this year.

1. People aren't traveling and are therefore spending their money on the Homefront.
    2. The evidence from the last year suggests this means staggering numbers for local retailers.

Now ask yourself, have recent developments made it more likely or less likely that these conditions will continue?

I think we know the answer to that. Travel is off for a while. Maybe even a long while. Money will continue to flow aggressively inwards. Is this really in dispute?

Therefore, all recent drops in the shareprice are temporary. There WILL be a hit resulting from the recent lockdowns, no getting around that. But I would argue it's actually a positive thing for the stock. Perhaps one bad month followed by 11 exceptional months.

Screaming buy to me right now. Maybe not RIGHT this second, but who can actually time this stuff perfectly?

I'll look back with pleasure reading this in a year. I posted during the last lockdown about the incredible amounts of wealth that are built in these situations. This is one of those situations. Get in or get left behind.
    Well said, couldn't agree more.

Spot on, 100% agree and well said. This could be copy pasted to the MHJ thread as well.

Retail stocks not loved in NZ? Has to be retirement or transport or power co's...

While I agree with the overall sentiment of your post, I think travel will come on a lot sooner than some anticipate as the world vaccinates.

For example, at the end of July Air Canada were flying to Auckland/Australia 4 days per week as cargo only aircraft. At the start of August this service was reduced to two days per week as a result of the Canadian government opening up their borders to vaccinated passengers. The aircraft were economically better put to use flying USA to Canada and selling bums on seats rather than cargo in the boot, so NZ lost out. The pressure from NZ exporters/importers and tourists will start to pile on soon as we get left behind in a world trying to open for business.