sharetrader
Page 474 of 733 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 7330
    percy

The Chemist Warehouse,Bargain Chemist lead the way in the online chemist sector.
    In the distribution of medical supplies Ebos leads the way in both Aussie and NZ.They have a contract to supply The Chemist Warehouse.
    Interesting Ebos have a shareholding in Australian company MDR.Med Advisor.
    MedAdvisor Limited is an Australia-based medication technology company. The Company is engaged in development and delivering software for personal medication management. The Company’s products include MedAdvisor App, PlusOne pharmacy platform and pharmaceutical health program. MedAdvisor App and its supporting software platform provides individuals and minders to manage all aspects of prescription medication use...
    About MedAdvisor
    MedAdvisor is a world-class medication management platform that empowers patients to more simply
    manage their medication and improve adherence. MedAdvisor’s highly automated and intuitive software
    system connects patients to tools and education materials from their preferred pharmacy. MedAdvisor
    works with 25,000 pharmacies in the US to deliver programs to help patients take their medication safely
    and effectively. In Australia, MedAdvisor has connected over 1.9 million patients through more than 65% of
    Australian pharmacies. MedAdvisor has partnered with HMS in the US, Zuellig Pharma in Asia, and is on
    track to become one of the largest players in the global digital adherence market. In 2018 and 2020,
    MedAdvisor was recognised in the AFR Fast 100. Visit: mymedadvisor.com/investor.

PS.Those who know this sector will not be surprised to see the Zuellig name.They are shareholders in Ebos and GXH,[GXH is via Cape.]
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Just been checking out ZOOM the app seems easy to use. It could be very handy especially in this current environment

Looks like a strategic investment. I wonder if there are other advantages - the Zoom app is good - perhaps WHS have purchased "access" to IT resources to improve their omnichannel experience ? You only have to talk to any NZ recruitment company - WHS is not a sort after workplace and moral and project delivery is apparently not great. There have been some questionable exec appointments (does anyone know why the last CDO left so quickly without any explanation?), and their strategy and recent success is heavily reliant on replacing and improving their aging technology - the Investor day was heavily weighted towards this improvement and alignment. In a very tight skills market, perhaps this relationship provides some headroom.

Quote Originally Posted by STr View Post
    Looks like a strategic investment. I wonder if there are other advantages - the Zoom app is good - perhaps WHS have purchased "access" to IT resources to improve their omnichannel experience ? You only have to talk to any NZ recruitment company - WHS is not a sort after workplace and morale and project delivery is apparently not great. There have been some questionable exec appointments (does anyone know why the last CDO left so quickly without any explanation?), and their strategy and recent success is heavily reliant on replacing and improving their aging technology - the Investor day was heavily weighted towards this improvement and alignment. In a very tight skills market, perhaps this relationship provides some headroom.
    Interesting insights STr - thanks for bringing up

Supports the odd tit bits I’ve heard as well, which didn’t emanate from the IT dept

Maybe Nick working on it ….but I don’t see Nick as the sort of guy to manage that sort of change
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

STr mentioned sudden departure of COO Pejman Okhovat

I have no idea as to whether Pej packed a sad and left because he was unhappy at TWG or whether he was told he wasn’t really wanted.

Whatever he’s now MD of BIG W (part of Woolworths) in OZ and is in charge of a much bigger company (nearly $5 billion v TWG group $3.3 billion)

Maybe it is TWG group’s loss and WOW’s gain
    Last edited by winner69; 28-08-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

if there is a big pull back in the next 2 months on markets there might be another chance to purchase some more of these at a good P/E. Records being set for new highs on the SP 500.

Has anyone done any calculations how much the lockdown has cost WHS in wages and lost income. Looks around 15mil in wages. Hopefully they are making it up in online orders

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Has anyone done any calculations how much the lockdown has cost WHS in wages and lost income. Looks around 15mil in wages. Hopefully they are making it up in online orders
    It doesn't really matter too much, lockdowns are net positive for retail, especially for companies who don't pay back the subsides.

Advanced Member

So all WHS stores south of Auckland will be open on Wednesday presumably as we move into level 3 operating environment. Only click and collect & deliveries at this stage. This might be obvious, but thought worth mentioning.

Had'nt heard that about Pejman - but I am glad I invested heavily in WOW, but still hold WHS whilst retail has it's day. There have been a few C-Level exits without explanation - some in a hurry, some under clouds and some for personal reasons I am sure. Most of the time with no announcements, only for SH to find out through Investor days and Reports. Interesting culture in the business. Perfect storm with Covid and Retail - I will watch carefully when (if) the world rights itself though as to which businesses adapted to sustain.