sharetrader
Page 491 of 737 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 7369

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    post was from the 7th
    so far it has done what I said. Short term stuff sure... but candles are still bearish so far. ...and there is that divergence.

Attachment 12975
    We heading to $3.60 ya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    We heading to $3.60 ya reckon?
    I guess it will find support - there is a lot esp at 3.50 - Theoretically its still bullish above 3.45 - I'm just wary of diagonals on a 5th wave.

and Beagle is always right (virtually) (not sarcastic in case its taken that way)
    JTH awesome analysis for the longer time frame too!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Briscoes this week proved it can be done (facing up to all the challenges of logistics, supply chain e.t.c.) and talk was of net profit for the current year exceeding last year's bumper result and amounting to about $85m which on 222.5m shares = 38.2 cents per share. If it meets forecast its trading on a forward PE of 18.3

WHS if they make $173m normalized profit to be announced on 29 September will have eps of 50 cps at at today's closing price of $3.80 trades on a PE of just 7.6

I would argue as times get tougher consumers will head down the road to make more value based buying decisions and "look through" Briscoes so called sales and specials.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Briscoes this week proved it can be done (facing up to all the challenges of logistics, supply chain e.t.c.) and talk was of net profit for the current year exceeding last year's bumper result and amounting to about $85m which on 222.5m shares = 38.2 cents per share. If it meets forecast its trading on a forward PE of 18.3

WHS if they make $173m normalized profit to be announced on 29 September will have eps of 50 cps at at today's closing price of $3.80 trades on a PE of just 7.6

I would argue as times get tougher consumers will head down the road to make more value based buying decisions and "look through" Briscoes so called sales and specials.

FOUR Dollar would feel good & not be unattainable for WHS when looking at other Retailer's SP runs

If we compare with BGP, then does mean the comparable range extends up to 4 & 1/2 Dollar .. ?
    Last edited by nztx; 17-09-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You should be right, but as JCPenny and their new CEO learnt in 2012 the psychology suggests you're not.
    https://hbr.org/2012/05/can-there-ever-be-a-fair-price

They lost close to a billion dollars and their new CEO became their old CEO looking for a job.

But I agree with you...apart from when I going shopping apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    You should be right, but as JCPenny and their new CEO learnt in 2012 the psychology suggests you're not.

They lost close to a billion dollars and their new CEO became their old CEO looking for a job.

And the down hill slide didnt end there

last year J C Penney went bankrupt

Another great retailer in Sears followed that path as well

Hope our Nick didn’t learn too much at Sears …though he still talks like a Sears exec
    Last edited by winner69; 17-09-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post

Despite our literal addition to sales-induced dopamine releases, how sustainable is this model in the long-term though?

I note in the article that "Jcpenney’s own data suggest that customers’ “hunger” for sales has increased dramatically over time, such that discounts of 60% are now required to get shoppers to buy, up from 38% 10 years ago."
    Last edited by Zaphod; 17-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And the down hill slide didnt end there

last year J C Penney went bankrupt

Another great retailer in Sears followed that path as well

Hope our Nick didn’t learn too much at Sears …though he still talks like a Sears exec
    Another observation. There has been a lot of comparisons across the retail chains - especially Briscoe to WHS. The main difference I see is Briscoes understands their customer, the average Kiwi. WHS and their offshore egos still think Amazon is their largest competitor and that the big Red Sheds are a necessary evil. Kiwi shopping habits are changing, but never underestimate the importance of bricks and mortar and a large community presence. Know your customer.

Disc: I have WHS in my portfolio …. No Briscoe though as I missed that boat. Perhaps a little bit jealous

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    FOUR Dollar would feel good & not be unattainable for WHS when looking at other Retailer's SP runs

If we compare with BGP, then does mean the comparable range extends up to 4 & 1/2 Dollar .. ?
    I think it doesn't pay to be too prescriptive with price targets and dates pertaining to them. Just keep holding these as the deep value shares they are, have lots and lots of patience, keep banking the dividends and enjoying the uptrend. That's what I'm doing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

"3.60"

have to be a terrible report.

but if the stock does get there you wont have much time to buy.

now MR B has predicted long term 7 dollars.