sharetrader
Page 493 of 733 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 7330

Briscoes has another one of their so called sales and sells a customer an electric jug at a so called deeply discounted price e.g. https://www.briscoes.co.nz/product/1...steel-toaster/
    WHS sells you a house brand jug for about half the price and make no claim that its deeply discounted. https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/liv.../R2637720.html

Which company is a fair and reasonable retailer selling products to families that they need at a fair price and which company is engaging in disingenuous, perhaps even unethical behavior ?

Before you claim that they're different brands I can tell you that if you take the time to compare any number of different items in Briscoes at their so called sale prices with any number of similar things in the WHS at their regular prices it will become clear who is the fairer and more ethical retailer and who is meeting families needs in a fair and ethical way.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Briscoes has another one of their so called sales and sells a customer an electric jug at a so called deeply discounted price e.g. https://www.briscoes.co.nz/product/1...steel-toaster/
    WHS sells you a house brand jug for about half the price and make no claim that its deeply discounted. https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/liv.../R2637720.html

Which company is a fair and reasonable retailer selling products to families that they need at a fair price and which company is engaging in disingenuous, perhaps even unethical behavior ?

Before you claim that they're different brands I can tell you that if you take the time to compare any number of different items in Briscoes at their so called sale prices with any number of similar things in the WHS at their regular prices it will become clear who is the fairer and more ethical retailer and who is meeting families needs in a fair and ethical way.
    Perhaps you can do a comparison of the % of Briscoe's merchandise ends up in the local landfill compared to WHS's?

percy

Both know their target market and do well .
    Briscoes has a history, under Rod Duke of knowing their market,and channels to supply their market, better than WHS.
    WHS has failed far too often trying to be a supermarket,a financial group,an Australian retailer etc,while Rod Duke has stayed foccused.WHS still have a lot of leases,store closures issues to work their way through.

I was horrified the other day when I saw Hallensteins had gear at 73% OFF

Almost immoral
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I was horrified the other day when I saw Hallensteins had gear at 73% OFF

Almost immoral
    They are not a registered charity...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    Perhaps you can do a comparison of the % of Briscoe's merchandise ends up in the local landfill compared to WHS's?
    Doubt there would be much difference. My last Briscoes experience last year. No brand name small vacuum cleaner for my home office, modest sized bit of no big name brand gear made in China, retail was $699 at Briscoes and they claimed it was "on sale" at $199. Anyone who paid $699 would need their head examined. Sheffield small vacuum cleaner from Mitre Ten of all places, (using airpoints to purchase was $89) and still works fine. Both about the same size. Some companies engage in disingenuous and unethical sales practices and others don't.
    Who's to say a Homebrand WHS electric jug won't last the same length of time as one twice the price, allegedly on sale at Briscoes, certainly not you or I.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Doubt there would be much difference. My last Briscoes experience last year. No brand name small vacuum cleaner for my office, tiny piece of junk made in China, retail was $699 at Briscoes and they claimed it was "on sale" at $199. Anyone who paid $699 would need their head examined. Sheffield small vacuum cleaner from Mitre Ten of all places, (using airpoints to purchase was $89) and still works fine. Both about the same size. Some companies engage in disingenuous and unethical sales practices and others don't.
    But isn't "Making China Great Again - one piece of junk at a time," WHS's motto? You can engage in moral relativism all you like, but sometimes a Beagle needs to stop digging....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Both know their target market and do well .
    Briscoes has a history, under Rod Duke of knowing their market,and channels to supply their market, better than WHS.
    WHS has failed far too often trying to be a supermarket,a financial group,an Australian retailer etc,while Rod Duke has stayed foccused.WHS still have a lot of leases,store closures issues to work their way through.
    Its the age old priced for perfection argument though isn't it mate. Are their better gains to be had backing the underdog with plenty of room for improvement on a (soon to be historical) PE of 7 or the retailer priced for perfection on a forward PE of 18 ?

For years people on here told me RYM was the best pick and about 6 years ago I called it as priced too much for absolute perfection and its underperformed the rest of the sector ever since.

I reckon there's more money backing underdogs on dirt cheap metrics with plenty of room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    But isn't "Making China Great Again - one piece of junk at a time," WHS's motto? You can engage in moral relativism all you like, but sometimes a Beagle needs to stop digging....
    "Helping Kiwi's live better every day" http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...487/332946.pdf See pages 44 & 45.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2021 at 04:59 PM.

"Helping Kiwi's live better every day" http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...487/332946.pdf See pages 44 & 45.
    Probably the Tindall effect

A large chunk of divies paid go to his Foundation
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”