sharetrader
Page 498 of 733 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 7330
    Guru

Yes the stories from ones parent and their parent generations are sobering.

With EVG saga on going and the fire likely to spread some buying opportunities might still be coming down the ticker tape. High yield crisis in china was warned about for the last few years and it hardly new news.

Remember the Great depression came 2 years after the crash though to be fair monetary policy was probably also a big contributor.

Not buying that they have this under control and the fire is out.

Most of the china property developers are heavy in debt... once the collapse starts its hard to stop and it could be like the virus story. To little to late and they are shouting fire fire ... sure Hong Kong property developers are in good shape but the BOND Yield for EVG is going higher with more debt being bought by overseas investors..

Imagine they are running towards the FIRE!!! and BUYING!

WHS is almost BLUE CHIP NOW.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 22-09-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeah, I think its crystal clear his wife doesn't shop at the Warehouse and neither does he ! In fact I got chatting to him about the WHS once and it was clear he thought shopping there was "beneath" him. This old mutt however has never forgotten his poor background.
    I've never forgotten my poor background either ..... but heck I look really cool and the envy of many when I go out on my Wild South woolen pea coat.....and goes well with my Hiut jeans

Wore it on a trip around the harbour on a cruising yacht - the skipper really was envious because it looked so maritime and tried on it on and said yes that's for me.

Dont think you can buy that gear at The Warehouse
    Last edited by winner69; 22-09-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Rod and Gun at KIP malls then...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Yes the stories from ones parent and their parent generations are sobering.

With EVG saga on going and the fire likely to spread some buying opportunities might still be coming down the ticker tape. High yield crisis in china was warned about for the last few years and it hardly new news.

Remember the Great depression came 2 years after the crash though to be fair monetary policy was probably also a big contributor.

Not buying that they have this under control and the fire is out.

Most of the china property developers are heavy in debt... once the collapse starts its hard to stop and it could be like the virus story. To little to late and they are shouting fire fire ... sure Hong Kong property developers are in good shape but the BOND Yield for EVG is going higher with more debt being bought by overseas investors..

Imagine they are running towards the FIRE!!! and BUYING!

WHS is almost BLUE CHIP NOW.
    Their debt has been rated Junk for years now, so I consider the contagion risk minimal. None of the large financial institutions internationally these days have large exposure to junk bonds in a way that would cripple them, especially Chinese junk bonds. And these bonds aren’t leveraged in any way either so it’s nothing at all like the CDO/CDS crisis. People rushing into the bonds are just betting on Xi not letting them default, or restructuring the debt to some degree so bond holders still receive some sort of payout (hoping for a repeat of the Greek government bonds - which have increased in value by 3500% from their lows). Either way shareholders in the company will be hurting, but that’s not actually a huge event these days. Storm in a teacup.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 22-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Guru

"Storm in a teacup"

hardly ...not a global event like GFC but it far bigger than a tea cup... 300 billion on this one and there are many others.. Where there is one there are many more.

it could be just the start and it starts this week.

China now cant let this one slide unless it get stop the others going with it..

No one knows how far this one goes.

Advanced Member

"Storm in a teacup"

hardly ...not a global event like GFC but it far bigger than a tea cup... 300 billion on this one and there are many others.. Where there is one there are many more.

it could be just the start and it starts this week.

China now cant let this one slide unless it get stop the others going with it..

No one knows how far this one goes.
    maybe your right, but I think in 2 weeks time this will be a non-story.

Guru

"non-story."

hope not, price volatility. some lower prices for WHS!!!

The 'wall of worry'will hang around for awhile
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

WHS to pay all fully vaccinated staff a $ 100 bonus in December https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-covid-vaccine

Probably a good idea but sad that we seem to be reaching a resistance level with vaccinations here now and Government, community leaders and businesses increasingly talking about the need to "incentivise"

Guru

"Storm in a teacup". Iit could be just the start and it starts this week.
    United States debt default is the larger issue. Yes the sort of polarisation there is that bad.