sharetrader
Page 552 of 733 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 7330
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    26 cps fully imputed = 36.11 cps gross = 9% gross so that should keep dividend hounds happy but I prefer HLG prospects and think their slightly higher metrics does not encapsulate their significantly superior growth prospects with Glassons properly or their vastly superior online and distribution capabilities. I foresee really good things happening for HLG over the next few years.
    NZ and Aussies population is growing older, not younger.

The underlying HLG demographic is small and having a hard time paying rents/loans.

Picked up another 10,000 as a swing trade this afternoon. Should test the $4.25 highs just before ex div in my opinion.

I'll be helping the WHS post lockdown bounce back (and spending my dividend early) as I'm in the market for a new pair of jandals.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    Where are you seeing the dividend is confirmed? I don’t see any announcements

well the dividend was already “confirmed” when it was announced at earnings. It just had a loosely worded note that it assumed most of the country would be at level 2 at end of October. In practice that meant retail being open in most of the country, and with todays government announcement regarding Waikato and Auckland moving to level 3 step 2, ALL of the country will have retail open next week - so the odds that warehouse cancels the dividend now are very unlikely.

Guru

" 36.11 cps gross = 9% "

and if they do some how stream line the system... could be more.

In which case the share price should be a lot higher... IF they manage it.

The One News team wheeled out a clinical psych this evening. It was like hand holding for the poor locked auckland. Wonder what the grandparents would have though of it. After all only ever heard how the Blitz was a great experience.

im sure people will recover very quickly from the shock of the war zone auckland.

They will be shopping before they know it...now whats on the list for wednesday afternoon.

In a years time they wont even remember it unlike your grandparents bombed to bits in london blitz.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 01-11-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    well the dividend was already “confirmed” when it was announced at earnings. It just had a loosely worded note that it assumed most of the country would be at level 2 at end of October. In practice that meant retail being open in most of the country, and with todays government announcement regarding Waikato and Auckland moving to level 3 step 2, ALL of the country will have retail open next week - so the odds that warehouse cancels the dividend now are very unlikely.
    Because of the note. I was expecting they’d give an additional announcement around about now. But maybe they won’t

With the amount of empty shelves in our local Warehouse and chatting to some staff about it. Do they have enough products to sell and make money?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    " 36.11 cps gross = 9% "

and if they do some how stream line the system... could be more.

In which case the share price should be a lot higher... IF they manage it.

The One News team wheeled out a clinical psych this evening. It was like hand holding for the poor locked auckland. Wonder what the grandparents would have though of it. After all only ever heard how the Blitz was a great experience.

im sure people will recover very quickly from the shock of the war zone auckland.

They will be shopping before they know it...now whats on the list for wednesday afternoon.

In a years time they wont even remember it unlike your grandparents bombed to bits in london blitz.
    I don't think they will do $126m. Analyst's have had that forecast since a couple of days after the annual result and at that time nobody was expecting the longest lockdown in history. I think the bounce-back will be a lot slower and shallower than last time. Aucklanders will not forget this prison sentence for many years. I think the case numbers are going to be massively problematic and I'm not the only one
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...edgdhp&pc=U531
    Young people will not be deterred by the risks but we all know there's another retailer that targets that demographic a lot better.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-11-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    With the amount of empty shelves in our local Warehouse and chatting to some staff about it. Do they have enough products to sell and make money?
    Headlines a few weeks ago -

Warehouse boss not concerned about Christmas

So no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't think they will do $126m. Analyst's have had that forecast since a couple of days after the annual result and at that time nobody was expecting the longest lockdown in history. I think the bounce-back will be a lot slower and shallower than last time. Aucklanders will not forget this prison sentence for many years.
    I get the sentiment, but maybe it was to their own best ... just wondering, whether overflooded ICU's and long rows of mass graves would have been more palatable? Anyway - we still might get there .... but this is a different thread.

Back to WHS - as long as they manage to source product I am sure that they (and any of the other retailers with functioning supply chains) will have a stellar pre Christmas sales period with margins to dream of. More interesting will be how they stand their man in the years to come. High prices lead to increased competition, which ultimately lowers prices ... and then it will show who is still able to supply good enough product at a low enough price. I recon the WHS might still shine in that period. Established supplier relationships and a well oiled supply chain will be key.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Both beagle and Peter could be on to it. Came across this today -

History will say that pandemic-related supply chain issues not only hid a collapse in demand, they drove a collapse in demand due to higher prices. We are on the cusp of the largest and fastest demand collapse in U.S. history.

And collapse in consumer confidence is often an early indicator

Beagle me old mate …WHS might struggle to even do $100m in a couple of years.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”