sharetrader
Page 601 of 733 FirstFirst ... 101501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 7330

WHS share price back over 370 today .... maybe even 375

Forbar summed it nicely
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

can you go and do the same and re pump up the tires of MHJ winner?

think this thread probably wants to go back to sleep couldnt not get a park around local WHS yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    can you go and do the same and re pump up the tires of MHJ winner?

think this thread probably wants to go back to sleep couldnt not get a park around local WHS yesterday...
    Thought you wanted MHJ to deflate …like one big puncture …like when bubbles pop?

The retail data set that TWG use to measure their own performance against all retail sales showed December sales were up 3% on pcp and that for the 5 months Aug/Dec (TWG year to date) sales were down 7%

Seems to be close to what TWG were saying ...I think
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Was the downgrade already priced into the SP given the recent low PE ratio based on the last annual result? In other words, maybe the market saw the last annual result as unsustainable, hence the fall in SP is considerably less than the fall in future profit.
    https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...64/financials/
    Now the market, analysts and investors seem to have had time to fully digest this we have observed the average analyst forecast declining from $126m to $109m, a 13.5% reduction and a share price drop from ~ $4.00 to $3.46, also a commensurate 13.5% reduction. Efficient market hypothesis looks alive and in good health to me.

I'm sticking with $90m and think the fair value is therefore considerably lower than the current share price, about 17% down from here ($2.85) although arguments for it being $2.50 - $3.20 have been made by me before my sense is somewhere near the middle is probably about right.
    Fair value is one thing, a margin of safety is another given the impending threat of Omricon so that's gets me back to about $2.50 as a possible reentry price. If it doesn't get back down there I'm not going to lose sleep over it that's for sure !
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-01-2022 at 02:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

"December sales were up 3% "

will be interesting to see where the Black hole is for earning to be 40% down full year.

If this was to transpire than the stock is a short.

A very detailed inspection of the next audited report is required.

A young legal beagle once said to me before she shipped out to oxford, just the facts.

Made for some very boring dinners but it was good training for holland and sweden.

Last edited by Waltzing; 17-01-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Omicron not far away from disrupting NZ they say

Hope TWG don't suffer as much as this dismal tale from Wesfarmers about Kmart and Target

Trading conditions improved as restrictions eased during the second quarter of the 2022 financial year, but
    customer traffic to stores was impacted by rising community transmission of COVID-19 in some states,
    particularly during the Christmas trading period. Ongoing global supply chain disruptions were well
    managed during the period as a result of investments made to hold additional inventory domestically, but
    high levels of COVID-related absenteeism in New South Wales and Victorian distribution centres impacted
    the ability to deliver stock to stores in line with customer demand.

and then when Omicron hit

Recent retail trading conditions

As a result of increasing cases of the COVID-19 Omicron variant in some states, retail trading conditions weakened in the last two weeks of the 2021 calendar year, and customer traffic to stores has remained subdued during the first half of January.

Team member absenteeism associated with the COVID-19 Omicron variant has placed additional pressure on distribution centres and stores in some states, necessitating a reduction of trading hours in some stores and impacting supply chain productivity and stock availability. These issues are expected to persist while COVID-19 cases and the number of team members requiring to isolate remain elevated.

Link -(may not work as from stockie
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...asx-6A1072414/
    Last edited by winner69; 17-01-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Guru

Winner, makes a certain other retailer look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Winner, makes a certain other retailer look pretty good.
    That certain other retailer saw a sales decline in Australia same period ...assuming my guess as to ther retailer is correct

Guru

Stand corrected the result was 2nd QTR.