sharetrader
Page 603 of 733 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 7330
    Guru

Winner that means the virus wont travel as much unless they start taking the bus like in europe.

Petrol up and supply chain freight charges up.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez - petrol might be 3 bucks plus soon

That will put a dampener on retail spend ....even if household balance sheets are in a good state
    Whatever happened to that "petrol price" review .... Jacinda just happy to keep getting more GST the higher the price goes .......

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez - petrol might be 3 bucks plus soon

That will put a dampener on retail spend ....even if household balance sheets are in a good state
    Sigh - I see, petrol up, interest rates up, consumer fears up, retail down. Right?

What I don't understand is - why will all of these things hit the Warehouse group fully and unprotected, while HLG (if I believe the tune in the respective thread) will do amazingly? It is the same consumers, just that HLG has as well huge Australia (Omicron) exposure ... maybe Omicron is really good for retail?

What I don't understand either ... why are companies like Turners and Colonial doing so nicely - are they not dependent on the same consumer dollar? Are consumers keeping their e-bike dollars (Torpedo 7) back while they spend like crazy for their next preloved car from TNR?

Still more difficult to understand is why companies like AIR and THL are doing so fantastically given subdued consume and no travel likely over the next year either.

It is just all a bit confusing, isn't it? But maybe everybody just seeing the thing they want to see ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sigh - I see, petrol up, interest rates up, consumer fears up, retail down. Right?

What I don't understand is - why will all of these things hit the Warehouse group fully and unprotected, while HLG (if I believe the tune in the respective thread) will do amazingly? It is the same consumers, just that HLG has as well huge Australia (Omicron) exposure ... maybe Omicron is really good for retail?

What I don't understand either ... why are companies like Turners and Colonial doing so nicely - are they not dependent on the same consumer dollar? Are consumers keeping their e-bike dollars (Torpedo 7) back while they spend like crazy for their next preloved car from TNR?

Still more difficult to understand is why companies like AIR and THL are doing so fantastically given subdued consume and no travel likely over the next year either.

It is just all a bit confusing, isn't it? But maybe everybody just seeing the thing they want to see ...
    Competition & market positioning - two of WHS weak points.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Its simple enough to understand that people have finished with "nesting" expenditure and want to get out and about more and look good doing it.
    Doubt there's many big screen T.V's been sold at Noel Leeming now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-01-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

They may not be out and about for long but.. but... a 35 to 40 percent hit to ebit ?

The longer the summer goes on with no Bug about the lower the retail spend should be except buckets, spades and sun block.

Auckland private school swim teams seen in the wakatoo at out door 50 meter pools doing summer swim squads..

Country is out doors for sure.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 18-01-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its simple enough to understand that people have finished with "nesting" expenditure and want to get out and about more and look good doing it.
    Doubt there's many big screen T.V's been sold at Noel Leeming now.
    Well, I don't know about Noel Leeming, but I bought last month a new LapTop through the market and this month a new bike from torpedo 7 ... and hey, they have been pretty busy ... :

I guess it is what one sees ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Lets see the detail in the AUDITED reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    They may not be out and about for long but.. but... a 35 to 40 percent hit to ebit ?
    Doubling down on the tens of millions annually spent on themarket.com... What could possibly go wrong...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

BP - punters will still spend but spending may be rather subdued

Retailers (TWG included) hate it when sales are even 'flat', let alone declining..... they moan and groan etc etc. Flat sales usually mean profits down

Don't forget that this century total retail sales have never declined on an annual basis so we'll be OK .... profits might be down though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”