sharetrader
Page 633 of 737 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 7368

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    They will let you keep the Fly Buy point.
    Good people to us senior citizens..
    Red Sheds have a discount day once a month don't they
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Red Sheds have a discount day once a month don't they
    5% off your purchases in-store at The Warehouse on the first Tuesday of the Month.
    And
    SuperGold card Tuesday in your local Countdown! Present your SuperGold card in-store at selected Countdown stores on a Tuesday to receive a 5% discount on your shop.
    But wait there is more..
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...hQQ0Qx6BAgDEAE
    Last edited by percy; 29-03-2022 at 03:36 PM.

A lot of people get a pay rise next week …..more cash in their hands good for WHS

And buscand train fares half priçe as well …..that’s even more for quitação few city people

even I get 20 bucks a week more ….cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Benefits and superannuation go up on 1 April too. More cash to splash at WHS.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Benefits and superannuation go up on 1 April too. More cash to splash at WHS.

Times are tough Beagle... those getting a benefit will be saving not spending the extra.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A lot of people get a pay rise next week …..more cash in their hands good for WHS

And buscand train fares half priçe as well …..that’s even more for quitação few city people

even I get 20 bucks a week more ….cool

But of course as you know those "pay" rises are not keeping up with inflation so unless WHS has found a magical way to avoid the ever increasing prices of their supplies, the "lot of people" may be buying fewer items, despite the pay rises ! Not good for WHS

People still need the basics so the possibility of trading down in brands shouldn't be overlooked. e.g. Buy a name brand heater from Briscoes on so called sale for $119 https://www.briscoes.co.nz/product/1...2000w-goc1611/ or a home brand heater with more grunt at normal price from WHS for $69 ? https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/liv.../R2629507.html

Same with duvets, sheets, appliances and a whole range of other items both stores have in stock. To their credit WHS have already changed their marketing to direct customers attention to the affordability WHS provides.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-03-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    People still need the basics so the possibility of trading down in brands shouldn't be overlooked. e.g. Buy a name brand heater from Briscoes on so called sale for $119 https://www.briscoes.co.nz/product/1...2000w-goc1611/ or a home brand heater with more grunt at normal price from WHS for $69 ? https://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/liv.../R2629507.html

Same with duvets, sheets, appliances and a whole range of other items both stores have in stock. To their credit WHS have already changed their marketing to direct customers attention to the affordability WHS provides.
    Basics.
    A crowded market where 20% mark up is seen a good requires incredible logistics and huge volumes.
    Supplier rebates can mean the difference between profit and loss.As does supplier instore support.
    Should you believe WHS can compete with Foodstuffs and Countdown on volume and buying margins,buy their shares.
    Looking at customer's trolleys at Pak 'n Save ,Countdown and WHS tells me differently.
    Comparing WHS with Briscoes is like comparing my wonderful 2004 Nissan with the latest Tesla.

I'm happy with how WHS are travelling. I am very impressed with how they performed in the latest half year considering the extraordinary challenges they faced with a 107 day lockdown in the wider Auckland region. They came through that very well indeed and their balance sheet is in excellent shape with $150m in cash (43 cps) and no debt.
    The metrics are compelling. They trade cum a 10 cent fully imputed dividend and the average broker price target is $3.70 https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...364/consensus/

percy

You are seeing a very well run business turning out excellent profits and divies.
    I am seeing a different business.One that is trying to secure their future,yet they can not get their online channel profitable,infact trying to buy market share which is only increasing their online losses.Going down market with basics will mean a lot of time and effort for little or no reward.
    I still have doubts over their foot print,which I expect they will try to reduce.
    We see businesses like Briscoes and HLG building on their sound business model,with channels that work and are profitable.
    I can see where HLG growth is going to come from,Aussie and US ,however I can not see where Briscoes or WHS growth is going to come from.
    I also expect Costco will affect WHS,and possibly Briscoes,but not HLG.