sharetrader
Page 641 of 733 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Usually watching telly or sleeping at our age lol. We're not getting on an aircraft and breathing in all that "lovely" recirculated expelled air anytime soon...
    Its here forever can't hide from it....Hey heres a thought is the WHS selling any of these rich Russian Oligarch's super yachts cheap? Must be a lot going round. New market for them..Holiday sorted.

... have power to make you great

Why doesnt the warehouse give their stores a small amount of pizzazz or designer feel. Nothing grand but something subtle. Even around the entrance or checkouts or the clothing area. Just a few niceties for some feel good shopping instead of what they have always done cheap cheap, bulk and airy barn style. I'll admit I am not a retail maestro, (am very good at what I do in other industries), but most shoppers like more than a discount shopping experience and a bit embarrassing to mention where they shop. It's even better when getting a genuine saving as well a pleasing shop. If cheap feel was the right one then the mall's would try that. They get literally millions of customers per year
    Last edited by Habits; 15-04-2022 at 12:51 PM.

I hear what you're saying but the cost would be astronomical. HLG, for example have done a great job making their stores very stylish but wooden floors and stylish displays are not cheap and that's for a very small retail footprint. Noel Leeming stores are already very nice.
    I'm confident in the current environment there will be a lot of brand substitution the likes of which I've talked about this morning whereby consumers will want affordable goods as compared to some brand where they pay more then twice the price for essentially the same thing. e.g. Would you rather be a Mercedes-Benz dealer in the current economic environment or own a Turners car yard ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Welcome back Beagle... hitting the ground running.
    With all 4 paws Thanks mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... have power to make you great

It's possible it would not take much. A semi-retired colour consultant used to help us enormously, she was cost conscious and also charged little, happy to give expertise. Similar with a garden designer we consulted, he would draw the plans and we would implement. These two people added huge value, as it is about perception and feel.
    The WH store I go to often, has appliances on special and end of summer stuff on special in the foyer. They are always looking random and placed haphazard, and with printed price signs falling off and curling. The look makes you wonder about the quality. I dont know if the price is even that amazing.
    Last edited by Habits; 15-04-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Membaa

Your Inbox is full, not receiving PM's.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    It's possible it would not take much. A semi-retired colour consultant used to help us enormously, she was cost conscious and also charged little, happy to give expertise. Similar with a garden designer we consulted, he would draw the plans and we would implement. These two people added huge value, as it is about perception and feel.
    The WH store I go to often, has appliances on special and end of summer stuff on special in the foyer. They are always looking random and placed haphazard, and with printed price signs falling off and curling. The look makes you wonder about the quality. I dont know if the price is even that amazing.
    As an obviously hardened WHS customer you're not supposed to be able to make it past those offers
    just inside the door of Older, end of line & we must quit this before it walks out by itself offers - before
    progressing onto their newer Specials

Legend

Welcome back Mr Beagle - missed your postings here

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Welcome back Mr Beagle - missed your postings here
    Thanks mate

I've created some space in my inbox Baa Baa

Habits, I agree with you, a bit more colour and maybe some nice plants around the entrance way wouldn't go amiss but at the end of the day its always going to feel like a warehouse. Doesn't put me off, I like cheap and cheerful at Warehouse or Noel Leeming.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-04-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Its here forever can't hide from it....Hey heres a thought is the WHS selling any of these rich Russian Oligarch's super yachts cheap? Must be a lot going round. New market for them..Holiday sorted.
    Not Warehouse selling or Russian Oligarch's either but this might be me. Not sure if the model description or name is what's described but in the add's narrative its described as "Stray Mutt" so is probably the right boat for me lol https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/b...3?bof=ZBNvFBaS