sharetrader
Page 688 of 737 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 7369
    ... have power to make you great

"But those algorithms will be even more effective when run in combination with the quantum computers of the future."

All this computing power and lots of data storage. The computers will know what we are about to do even before us

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    "But those algorithms will be even more effective when run in combination with the quantum computers of the future."

All this computing power and lots of data storage. The computers will know what we are about to do even before us
    Speaking of data I read somewhere that "90 % of the data that's ever existed has been created in the last two years"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Speaking of data I read somewhere that "90 % of the data that's ever existed has been created in the last two years"
    Yep.
    and expect that to rise exponentially ..as computer power and data storage capacity rises (exponentially as well)..Soon they will have mass of data to set up a customer profile and email personalised flyers about products you are "interested" in. I've noticing that with Aliexpress.

Word of caution with this emerging "brave new world"... if curious think before you click..also I won't let Mrs Hoop buy women's personal things on my computer..

Guru

you'll walk past a women clothing shop in centre place and it will flash an advert at you for the latest fashion with your dress size....
    Last edited by Waltzing; 13-07-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    you'll walk past a women clothing shop in centre place and it will flash an advert at you for the latest fashion with your dress size....

Sounds like Minority Report.

Guru

Hoop is getting ready in advance with face recognition on his devices to bar all comers...

JB Hi-Fi reported June quarter sales up 7.7% on same quarter last year. Full year sales up 0.3% on pcp

Should see Noel Leeming follow suit - if so Q4 sales might be $280m and make Full Year sales fractionally less than last year.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    looks like whs is getting ready to break down soon from that bearish flag pattern
    this might help the pattern

Walmart cuts profit guidance as inflation forces shoppers to spend more on necessities

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/25/walm...inflation.html

when one of the biggest retailers cuts guidance due to inflation you know its only a matter of time before every company does
    one step ahead of the herd

WHS haven’t given any guidance só nothing to cut.

Unless things are a total disaster we won’t hear anything until late September
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    this might help the pattern

Walmart cuts profit guidance as inflation forces shoppers to spend more on necessities

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/25/walm...inflation.html

when one of the biggest retailers cuts guidance due to inflation you know its only a matter of time before every company does
    Good to have a contrarian view from you Bull ,as always. For my situ Im longer term investing in this sector,The Warehouse,so that's just noise to me.Im happy to ride this out and collect income on the way.But I have no or almost no other exposure in the retail side of things atpit.