sharetrader
Page 78 of 733 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178578 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Gold Guru View Post
    I still think the shareprice is too high. Surely in this market you want to buy at a really cheap price ... there is so much to chose from. At $3.24 with forcast 2008 eps of 25.8c that is a PE of 12.56. For a retailer facing so many headwinds that is just way too expensive for me. Smith City are on a PE of 6 !!!!

"Where everyone gets a bargain" ... certainly not here !
    Tend to agree with you Nelehdine and note that consensus 09 PE is about 12 too. That's cheap if the co is expanding or has critical mass to be a price maker (cf Woolworths/Coles) but the growth bubble has long since popped for WHS - to think it used to trade on a PE of nearly 30!!!!!

Furthermore what are Woolies and Foodstuffs going to do with their WHS stakes now? There may be an overhang as one or both decide to exit WHS, further depressing the share price (interested in comments from others here).

Nevertheless WHS is now on my watchlist as I await what happens to the Woolies/Foodstuffs stakes. If sold on-market it'll provide WHS with some much needed liquidity and perhaps become my first NZX share purchase in over five years.

SEC

Who's the Nong at the High Court who overturned the original Commerce commission decision in the first place ? What a waste of time and money.

Today's ruling is the best news for New Zealand.

Would love to see The Warehouse thru private equity or capital raising buy a lightning raid 10% blocking stake in Woolworths . Woolies is kinda cheap now , and the irony it would bring......WOW.

The game is not over yet.

Watch this space and think outside the square. Be there or be sqaure.

Timing looks about right for Tindall to get his bargain

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10524657
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
    Who's the Nong at the High Court who overturned the original Commerce commission decision in the first place ? What a waste of time and money.

Today's ruling is the best news for New Zealand.

Would love to see The Warehouse thru private equity or capital raising buy a lightning raid 10% blocking stake in Woolworths . Woolies is kinda cheap now , and the irony it would bring......WOW.
    Irony perhaps, but I don't see the logic.
    It's not as if anyone else is looking to takeover WOW so it wouldn't make much sense for a private equity group, even if they could borrow the money in today's market.
    Unless I'm missing something?

Nice bounce this morning.

Hey Footsie, you taking quick profit or holding on for bigger profit later?

Be there or be square! LOL

disc. Proud holder of WHS

ps: you guys who work on PE only are thinking inside the square!
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 01-08-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

i was out this morning.

I had an order left in the system at 3.49 from yesterday to sell half.... and arrived at my computer to find i'd been taken out. totally forgot about it.

i'll sit on the rest for the moment.
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Quote Originally Posted by Footsie View Post
    i was out this morning.

I had an order left in the system at 3.49 from yesterday to sell half.... and arrived at my computer to find i'd been taken out. totally forgot about it.

i'll sit on the rest for the moment.
    CLASSIC MATE! LOL

Accidental profit. What a WOOT! I actually think the sp may come down abit from here until the next announcement.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Bought some of these early yesterday. Looking like a good dividend payer for the bottom drawer.

Some possible potentioal for upside, but not a lot - I don't think retail is a growth area for a while.

Veteran novice

Did nobody tell the Court of Appeal that most of us don't live in Sylvia Park or anywhere near Te Rapa, and that the chances of WHS expanding its food offering to take on WOW and Foodstuffs is virtually nil?

Disc: Disgruntled WHS holder.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Did nobody tell the Court of Appeal that most of us don't live in Sylvia Park or anywhere near Te Rapa, and that the chances of WHS expanding its food offering to take on WOW and Foodstuffs is virtually nil?

Disc: Disgruntled WHS holder.

Judges dont live in the same world as us. They've probably never heard of Sylvia Park and Te Rapa, only the Foodtown in Remers and Newmarket.