sharetrader
Page 12 of 733 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Remember sales announcement on Tuesday

If you believe this quarter has been a boomer better get in quick on Monday

Might open 450 on Tuesday
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

THE KING says this company has the best PR & TV adds in NZ that is ALL..[^][^][^]

I would prefer WHS to be one of the most profitable companies in NZ rather than the most "socially responsible", but it is better than nothing I suppose.

Warehouse gets top social responsibility rating

1.00pm
    SYDNEY - The Warehouse Group has been adjudged New Zealand's most socially responsible company by Melbourne-based ratings company RepuTex.

The independent rating agency assessed the social responsibility of 93 of the Australia's top 100 companies and the top 20 New Zealand companies, releasing its results today.

It started rating Australian companies last year and this year included New Zealand firms.

The top five Kiwi companies were the The Warehouse, Carter Holt Harvey, Telecom, ACC NZ and New Zealand Post.

RepuTex examined the companies' activities and policies in four areas -- corporate governance, environmental impact, social impact and workplace practices -- over the past six months.

Each company received a rating of either AAA (outstanding), AA (high), A (satisfactory), B (low) C (very low or D (inadequate).

The Warehouse's overall rating was AA minus, while Carter Holt Harvey and Telecom received an A plus and ACC and NZ Post an A.

Other New Zealand ratings were:-

A minus: Genesis Power Ltd, Meridian Energy Ltd.

B plus: Fisher and Paykel Appliances Holding Ltd, Fletcher Building Ltd, Mighty River Power Ltd.

B: Air New Zealand Ltd, NGC Holdings Ltd, Tenon Ltd.

B minus: Contact Energy Ltd, Trust Power Ltd.

C plus: Affco Holdings Ltd, Alliance Group Ltd, Fonterra Co-Op ltd, Nuplex Industries Ltd.

RepuTex said it had insufficient information on which to base a rating for Wrightson Ltd.

Its highest accolade for Australian companies went to Westpac, with a triple AAA rating.

RepuTex said the bank worked hard to ensure all its policies were communicated to employees and its ethical standards were promoted through comprehensive training.

Companies with a AA rating were Australian Postal Corporation, BHP Billiton, Energex, Hewlett-Packard Australia, IBM Australia, Insurance Australia Group, National Australia Bank, Queensland Rail and Visy Industries.

RepuTex chairman Graeme Lee said most companies were recognising the importance of corporate social responsibility.

"Many have a dedicated a team of staff to manage social responsibility and the number of companies publishing comprehensive social reports continues to grow," he said in a statement.

"Companies and the community are recognising that they need each other to be sustainable."

Telecom, which was previously rated through its Australian entity AAPT showed a marked improvement from 2003, largely due to the introduction of enhanced reporting systems, the ratings agency said.

Its rating of New Zealand companies disclosed some innovative work practices.

"For example, NZ Post applies a preferential employment status to women who resign after maternity leave and seek to be re-employed within 5 years," RepuTex said in its report.

"As an alternative to the company's co-contribution to retirement savings, at the rate of 1.5 times the employee contribution, an employee may use a similar contribution matching scheme to pay off student debt."

\"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

I am no expert chartist, but from what I can see from the graph WHS is heading lower.

Any expert chartist can give us advice?
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

THE KING says if they like or feel they know something think again if they are folling Carter Holt Harvey,, Prob NZ WORST.. [^][^]

Bling Bling, WHS has found support around $4.00 several times in the past, and if it breaks much below that level, a lot of TA's would be selling (if they havent done so already...which they probably have)
    <center></center>

Advanced Member

Bling Bling,
    I doubt that I can tell you anything that you do not already know, but here is an updated WHS chart. Trendline break Buy signals are marked with green arrows, trendline break Sell signals are marked by red arrows. As Risk points out, there has been good support for WHS at around $4.00 and any clear break below that would be very bearish. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the Support will hold and that WHS will go into a trading range. Only a guess, mind, but mine is as good as anyone elses! Notice how most every time a secondary downtrend approaches the $4.00 support level, volume spikes up - it takes volume to reverse a trend.
    Notice how for about a year now that most all high volume days are down days. (red bars) There is still a lot of negative sentiment about this stock.
    I cannot see that any TA trend-followers would be holding this stock. There have been no buy signals. While WHS may have stopped making lower lows, it is still making lower highs and is still in a long-term downtrend with a confirmed trendline in place.
    So, what to do? Nothing. If you feel that you simply must buy this stock, at least wait for price action to break above the red trendline. Even then, you should appreciate that the end of a downtrend is not necessarily the same thing as the beginning of an uptrend. WHS could go into a trading range lasting years. I'm not saying it will, of course - only time will tell. All I can say is that right now, there is no technical evidence of any imminent turnaround or any change of sentiment toward this stock. In brokerspeak, Avoid.

Thanks Risk and Phaedrus. Always good to have expert advice. Wow Phaedrus you really know your stuff. Where do you get your detail graphs from? May keep an eye on WHS for the next few days. Maybe good trading opportunity, but then the interest rate increase and the slowing of the economy worries me abit.

Hey, have I missed something or WHS looks very expensive on fundamentals. WHS reported FY profit of $61 million and a market cap of $1.24 billion @ $4.07 gives it a PE of 20x. That is an expensive company that continues to lower earnings. Have I miss something out to justify such a high PE?
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Don't think you have missed anything BB ... WHS is a very expensive stock, kind of trading on reputation rather than reality ... put it on the same P/E as say Telecom and you'd have a share price of $2.50 !! Scary isn't it !!!

Personally I think WHS is ex-growth, has a huge problem in Australia which will probably end up costing the company 10's if not 100's of millions of dollars to exit or fix. Don't touch it ... if you need some retail exposure in your portfolio have a look at Hellaby ( Rodd & Gunn, Hannahs , Pulp, BBQ Factory ) ... low 2005 P/E of approx 12.5 and a dividend yield of 5.75% and eps still growing in the mid-teens. A bargain compared to WHS !!

Disc: Ex WHS holder ( out at $7.40 & $4.95 )
    Hold 2058 HBY
    nelehdine

WOW some really interesting stuff here, the all mighty WHS heading south, didn`t it float for about 50c amazing growth story really and returns for any that held long term, goes to show though nothing lasts forever , will be watching with interest to see were it heads.
    another baycorp maybe?