sharetrader
Page 124 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 7330
    Veteran novice

Thanks, trev.

Yes, WHS has really galloped away from the NZX50 over this last year! Better management leading to better performance?

was in the warehouse today havnt been there for a while was pretty busy i was surprised for time of the day maybe they are really turning around this time.
    Also noted jb hifi upgrade today and harvey norman upgrade and im thinking maybe they got noel leaming at the bottom of the cycle which was pretty clever but ill reserve judgemnt to see if they can turn the clever buy into better performance for that group after their next results come out.
    Anyway retail seems a pretty good space to be in at the moment.
    one step ahead of the herd

How about $5 ish? On a roll and not much selling so appears to be long haulers controlling SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, WHS' business is looking to be in better shape these days and the SP is doing very nicely. I just wonder though how much of that is due to WHS and how much to the state of the market generally? A rising tide and all that.

Still a long way to go to the heady heights of 2006/07 but I don't expect a repeat of the takeover talk of those days. Still, $4ish is nice.

BBoy
    Don't forget this is only early days in the turnround process so this rally can extend further. Mark Powell deserves a lot of kudos for implementing new strategy. Further good news in media today WHS now have large range of Sony products to offer.

And now the new staff wage scheme announced today. That's a vote of confidence by management
    re future prospect of WHS.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    And now the new staff wage scheme announced today. That's a vote of confidence by management
    re future prospect of WHS.
    or just them pissing away more shareholder wealth. The new policy will become a self fulfilling prophecy. They pay higher than market to retain good staff but they will also retain bad staff as they cant get a job that pays as well elsewhere. The good staff may move on to bigger and better things elsewhere.

Having said that, many years ago I had a few friends working there and the employee culture/moral etc was great (for what was a entry level job). A few are still there in more senior positions. Maybe they are trying to maintain/regain this?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

having a trained workforce that stays with a company long term is smart if you have ever worked in retail you will know what a pain in the behind it is to have to hire, train and hope that they will turn out to be a good employee.
    heres a article on similar strategies used http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...retail/274322/

I forgot to add their is a clear divide starting to take shape in NZ retail now in regards to wages ,on one side is the retail who will pay good like whs , rbd , etc and on the other side is places like food stuffs , mc donalds etc one can clearly see the talk going around schools about who the good ones are to work for and the shift in culture that could take place if ya get the drift.
    Last edited by bull....; 07-05-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: add more
    one step ahead of the herd

We were discussing the "living wage" at the club the other night. Would we be willing to pay an extra 50c for a jug of beer knowing everyone was getting a decent wage. The consensus was yes. I am not saying this will push up prices, but the long and the short of it is people prefer to spend or invest their money ethically.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    We were discussing the "living wage" at the club the other night. Would we be willing to pay an extra 50c for a jug of beer knowing everyone was getting a decent wage. The consensus was yes. I am not saying this will push up prices, but the long and the short of it is people prefer to spend or invest their money ethically.
    Then how about skipping the middle man and tip. I have used it to great effect to ensure good service during the night. They will always serve you first if they know they will keep any change. (only downside is it requires you to carry cash).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

...tip

Whats that??? around here we just call them d*ckheads, and demand another beer .