sharetrader
Page 131 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 7330

RESHAPED WAREHOUSE GROUP REPORTS DOUBLE DIGIT PROFIT GROWTH
    Total Group sales for the full year up 29.3% to $2.24 billion
    Adjusted NPAT up 13.1% to $73.7 million
    Reported NPAT up 61.1% to $144.7 million
    Final Dividend of 5.5 cents per share

great result seem on track for a much brighter future
    one step ahead of the herd

Agree .... current management team seem to have a clear strategy going forward and it seems to be working

Eps 24 cents so growth factored into current shareprice ....a pe of 16

But yield will keep Birman happy

PURRRRRRRRR. BRRRRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Agree .... current management team seem to have a clear strategy going forward and it seems to be working

Eps 24 cents so growth factored into current shareprice ....a pe of 16

But yield will keep Birman happy
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    RESHAPED WAREHOUSE GROUP REPORTS DOUBLE DIGIT PROFIT GROWTH
    Total Group sales for the full year up 29.3% to $2.24 billion
    Adjusted NPAT up 13.1% to $73.7 million
    Reported NPAT up 61.1% to $144.7 million
    Final Dividend of 5.5 cents per share

great result seem on track for a much brighter future
    Well done WHS.
    A splendid result.

Veteran novice

Yes, a good result in what are still difficult times for retail. The raw numbers are distorted by the inclusion of Noel Leeming/Bond and Bond for a full year but there is no doubt that the addition of new major brands has been very beneficial to the overall group.

The brightest note for me was "gross margins highest in several years" - the sobering bits were "Red sheds same store growth 1.9%" in the latest half: and "(increased) profit primarily due to gains on the disposal of property".

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Just to be a bit contrary in the mix, the new stores look really really good. They feel bright, and the new environment has a positive impact on staff.

The online store is very easy to use and well designed, if I want to compare items at bunnings, their website doesn't tell me prices, and their beat by 15% only works if items are the same brand/ model.
    Glad those who could see the wood from the trees, stayed the course, I love the sharetrader forum, because the sentiment flowing through these threads is usually wrong. Nothing but pages of negative comments back in early 2012, with a few sprinklings of positive notes from Birmanboy, yet that was the bottom.

Isn't it funny, this sites creation, should see more in-depth analysis, yet a lot of very articulate, analytical, and rational posters, succumb to the same greed and fear, and instead become the barometer for the contrarian investor.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

I've been a believer in the turnaround story for quite a while now. Today's result confirms what was already known at half year plus consolidating all the newer initiatives. It seems to me that we are still in the early phase of the turnaround and that momentum will increasing over the next year or so. When this occurs and profits continue on upward path, capital expenditure on new initiatives come to an end, we are likely to see a return to "special dividends" a not uncommon practice in the past. What is puzzling today is the fact the market has not bought into the story with any conviction (as yet).

born2invest

articulate, analytical, and rational posters, succumb to the same greed and fear
    If you were articulate, analytical and rational, why would you need the approval of others on an online forum before you make an investment decision?

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    What is puzzling today is the fact the market has not bought into the story with any conviction (as yet).
    Not puzzling when all your growth in profits has come from:

a) selling the Silverdale complex
    b) selling the NIDC
    c) buying companies (NLG, multi-channel, etc)

If you buy any company that provides a return greater than what you were earning in interest in a bank account or the interest on the loan if you buy with debt it increases your profit and EPS.

If you look at the core business of the "Red Sheds" as Mark Powell calls it, then 1.9% growth after several years of negative growth isn't particularly great.

percy

Glad those who could see the wood from the trees, stayed the course, I love the sharetrader forum, because the sentiment flowing through these threads is usually wrong. Nothing but pages of negative comments back in early 2012, with a few sprinklings of positive notes from Birmanboy, yet that was the bottom.

Isn't it funny, this sites creation, should see more in-depth analysis, yet a lot of very articulate, analytical, and rational posters, succumb to the same greed and fear, and instead become the barometer for the contrarian investor.
    I retain my belief that retail is very difficult place to be,both here and Aussie.I prefer not to have any retailers in my portfolio.
    I do hold www.estaronline.com who do the successful retailers JBH,BGR,Ezibuy,Ballantynes,Rebel sports and others web pages.
    I still think the WHS is a dreadful place to shop at.