sharetrader
Page 137 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 7326

Your pick is looking very possible here Johnny. Whenever it gets into this area...I start getting these urges to sell out but when I do the math its not so clearcut.. I am getting a 11% gross dividend yield on this year in and out and its not so easy finding something to replace it with...recurring dilemma. Replace it with a 7% somewhere else and take the profit or leave it alone. If I was a gambling man I'd take the proceeds and stick it all in CNU but I would be bucking my instincts for conservative investing. Hope it makes your goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    $4.40 is my target exit, and I will be watching very closely for a fail at that point, but will be happy to keep holding if it can break through. So far things are playing out perfectly, it has broken out of the downtrend, the $3.80 resistance and now the $3.95 resistance. I'm picking $4.40 will be hit late next week or early the week after, right before it goes ex-dividend... Here's hoping anyway!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

One thing I'm curious about is where did all the closed Bond & Bond stores sales go?

Would have expected same store sales for Noels division to be above the rest of the groups performance given they closed them, however sales didn't reflect any positive impact comparitively.

Was that a bit of a profit downgrade at the ASM today?

Johnny - the market not like the comments at the ASM

Your 440 looks a long way off .......change of strategy or just going to double up?
    Last edited by winner69; 22-11-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Johnny - the market not like the comments at the ASM

Your 440 looks a long way off .......change of strategy or just going to double up?
    Yup, 440 not going to happen. I followed my strategy and got out for a reasonable profit the other day when my signals showed it was running out of steam. Doubling up to average down and hope are two strategies that I do not follow, although some people only follow those strategies eh?

Down 11 cents on higher than recent volumes yesterday prior to the meeting and then down another 21 cents today. Yesterday's action a bit odd relative to trading in the days previous

Down 8% in 2 days is a bit of correction .....and the 180ma line breached says the year long uptrend is broken as well

Interesting where they go from here for you traders ..... Birman wil still get his huge divie though. Sort of says that is what WHS is about ....sell heaps of stuff ......no growth but give most of the profits back. If that is case 440 may never happen again ...at least in the next year or two.

Every player has their own strategy. If the strategy is to trade and take profits wherever, then if you wish to stay in the market have to find another stock you like. However not all stocks are good, solid dividend plays with low risk and potential in the longer term for S/P appreciation. WHS is in my opinion one of those stocks so to be able to buy today at plus 8% gross div. is great opportunity. Sure the market didn't like the profit for 1st half but full year guidance is to be as good as 2013. The div. would appear to be intact for 2014. Sales are good, just need to improve margins.

I still in for long term, margin pressure short term in my view gotta look at the big picture. I did sell a small amount at 4.1 though which ill buy back sometime to maintain my holding.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Interesting buying R&R Sports. A lot of it is outdoor clothing, but wetsuits, skis, bikes etc, who have been building up their online presence in the last year or so. Investing in bricks & mortar, selling a lot of the same non-clothing items as Torpedo 7.

I'm sure the 'culture' of R&R will probably change over time with large corporate ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Interesting buying R&R Sports. A lot of it is outdoor clothing, but wetsuits, skis, bikes etc, who have been building up their online presence in the last year or so. Investing in bricks & mortar, selling a lot of the same non-clothing items as Torpedo 7.

I'm sure the 'culture' of R&R will probably change over time with large corporate ownership.
    That last comment .....good or bad?