sharetrader
Page 144 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 7330

Bobdn
    ex div date is 10th March.

Thanks kiwitrev. The WHS investor centre website needs a good update.

IMO

And Dilution will need to be factored in.

Shareholders Association all miffed

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...fair-treatment

And so they should be. The insiders (OK instos and sophistiticated investors) have just stolen 9% of the company. Small retail and unsophisticated / non professionals now only own 91% of what they had.

Most NZ companies don't give a stuff about small(er) investors. More of a burden than value I reckon. The Warehouse obviously is one.

What The Warehouse forgets is that those they pissing off are probably customers as well.

What a disappointment, share price down and diluted. No interest in the small investor. Will sell on Monday at a loss, will not hold companies that do this.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    What a disappointment, share price down and diluted. No interest in the small investor. Will sell on Monday at a loss, will not hold companies that do this.
    Yes its a bad look. I added WHS to my watchlist a couple of months ago with a view of buying. That desire has now vanished and so has WHS of my watchlist !

Veteran novice

Yes, disappointing but this seems to be the fashion for raising equity these days - a placement to instos followed by a modest SPP for "retail" shareholders. Of course, depending on the uptake for the SPP, a small shareholder could come out on the right side of the deal if enough shareholders are sufficiently p****d off to ignore the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, disappointing but this seems to be the fashion for raising equity these days - a placement to instos followed by a modest SPP for "retail" shareholders. Of course, depending on the uptake for the SPP, a small shareholder could come out on the right side of the deal if enough shareholders are sufficiently p****d off to ignore the issue!
    Isn't the problem that they can only raise a set amount by way of an SPP? Any more and they have to have a rights issue which is considerably more expensive. A quick placement to insto's and an SPP to keep the retail investors happy. The people who get diluted, who have most to complain about would be the larger private investors. I think the NZX is working on changes to the options for raising capital at the moment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Isn't the problem that they can only raise a set amount by way of an SPP? Any more and they have to have a rights issue which is considerably more expensive. A quick placement to insto's and an SPP to keep the retail investors happy. The people who get diluted, who have most to complain about would be the larger private investors. I think the NZX is working on changes to the options for raising capital at the moment.
    The limit is $15k per shareholder. I dont think there is an overall limit.

It appears most companies set the SPP pool so small, they know they will hit their target (with large scaling) which I assume means they dont have to arrange an underrighter.

I'm going to put in an order for 1500 shares which I assume I will get.

I'm really pleased that they're bringing in a dividend reinvestment plan next year. I'll join up straight away as I always fritter my dividends away when I get cash.