sharetrader
Page 148 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 7330
    Veteran novice

I agree, BlackPeter. Much more likely that the SP would be supported over the pricing period to maximise proceeds from the SPP. Not that I'm suggesting that this will happen here.

I was trying to boost my own interests by offering to buy at 2.85 and also assist other owners by attempting to drag down the SP...all prompted by my altruistic desire to make the world a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure I understand - what would be the point in playing games with the share price? If it goes below the SPP price, than people don't need to wait for SPP, but can just buy the cheaper shares on market anyway. Who would gain by artificially depressing the SP?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    I was trying to boost my own interests by offering to buy at 2.85 and also assist other owners by attempting to drag down the SP...all prompted by my altruistic desire to make the world a better place.
    and I thought you are just interested in dividends? Sounds like some part of you is trader as well?

Everyone in the stockmarket is a trader..its just the frequency of trades that varies. To get the best dividend yield you need to buy at the lowest possible price...my avg buy in price with WHS is 2.84 so not so many opportunities to buy more come up. Buying at the "special" price on offer is not particularly enticing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    and I thought you are just interested in dividends? Sounds like some part of you is trader as well?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Non qualifying for SPP are taking up the opportunity to grab what they can at current capped price. So far today 70 trades avg over 15,000 each, over 1m traded. Will be interesting to see how the market reacts once SPP completed.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Non qualifying for SPP are taking up the opportunity to grab what they can at current capped price. So far today 70 trades avg over 15,000 each, over 1m traded. Will be interesting to see how the market reacts once SPP completed.
    Equally, some one - or ones - are taking the opportunity to sell at the current price. Clearly, they're not intending to replace them via the SPP!

Hi Mac
    As someone once said there are more reasons to buy than to sell.

Just to complete the picture for today, total of 97 trades, 1,730,856 shares avg 17,843 ea. trade. The last 8 trades accounted for 356,453 at an avg of 44,555 ea. trade. This is not your avg mum + dad trading and abnormal trading in this stock, so one is led to believe instos and financials in play here.
    Last edited by kiwitrev; 03-04-2014 at 05:38 PM.

At least they are in the news:
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/can-war...ents-bd-154717

Nothing exciting - really, but an analysts summary (and a quite substantial article) talking about plans for improved product quality, better staff training and increasing customer satisfaction. I guess, time will tell, whether the investment pays off.