sharetrader
Page 151 of 733 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 7330

Maybe because he likes the dividend? Currently pays out at 6.5% gross Before imputation credits. Very reliable dividend history. Not everyone thinks growth all the time Percy. There are different approaches to investing and good to have a holistic approach as opposed to "my way is the way of true believers".
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Why? Why? Why? Why?Why did you buy? Are you a Lemming? Not a good idea.! Leave the jumping off cliffs to others.!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Maybe because he likes the dividend? Currently pays out at 6.5% gross Before imputation credits. Very reliable dividend history. Not everyone thinks growth all the time Percy. There are different approaches to investing and good to have a holistic approach as opposed to "my way is the way of true believers".
    With the amount of capital he has lost in the past year I would have thought he would understand "the holistic approach" is the fast way to "the poor house."!!!
    Warren Buffett's three golden rules of investment;\
    Rule 1.Do not lose capital.
    Rule 2.Remember rule 1.
    Rule 3.Remember rule 1 and 2.
    Last edited by percy; 17-06-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Banned

Dead right BB have held WHS on and off over the years and never lost a dime nothing wrong with paying $3.27 Percy the price ain't going to stay there, I was simply commenting in a humorous way what the chart will look like tonight PS-MVN goes Ex divvy tomorrow so i guess that means BB and myself will have some more pocket money to spend.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Dead right BB have held WHS on and off over the years and never lost a dime nothing wrong with paying $3.27 Percy the price ain't going to stay there, I was simply commenting in a humorous way what the chart will look like tonight PS-MVN goes Ex divvy tomorrow so i guess that means BB and myself will have some more pocket money to spend.
    I wish you both well.
    ps.Just looked at MVN chart. OMG.!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 17-06-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile The Oracle has Spoken

Rule 1.Do not lose capital.
    Rule 2.Remember rule 1.
    Rule 3.Remember rule 1 and 2.
    I am sure that is not quite what he said, but in that spirit:

Mr W Buffet from Omaha also said things like:

Be greedy when percy is fearful and vice versa;

Whether it be sock or stocks, make sure they that percy has not previously worn them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I am sure that is not quite what he said, but in that spirit:

Mr W Buffet from Omaha also said things like:

Be greedy when percy is fearful and vice versa;

Whether it be sock or stocks, make sure they that percy has not previously worn them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    From The Tao of Warren Buffett;
    This is the most important thing;
    'Rule No.1;'never lose money'
    Rule No.2;'don't forget Rule No,1'.

Question

Why? Why? Why? Why?Why did you buy? Are you a Lemming? Not a good idea.! Leave the jumping off cliffs to others.!
    Why why why do you think couta needs to be warned off? What is it that makes WHS such a bad thing at current prices?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Why why why do you think couta needs to be warned off? What is it that makes WHS such a bad thing at current prices?
    Onion.
    Maybe a long answer.
    First of all I think management are making all the correct decisions.Noel Leemings,online stores,click and collect,banking.
    However I use charts for timing purchases/sales of shares.The most important indicators for me are the 50 day and 200 day moving averages.WHS share price is below both averages,which means to me stay away.Another important indicator to me is the MACD.This has turned down.Again to me it means stay away.The slow stochastic indicator also confirms stay away.
    The best advice has been given by KW;Go to Forum,Then Investment Strategies;Then Using TA to time entries & exits.
    Brilliant advice.
    Last edited by percy; 18-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Its not necessarily long or even necessarily right. What it is is your reading on the stock......here is an other version that may be equally (to some?) and more valid (to me anyway). Since Feb 2013 the SP has not been lower than 3.20 and in fact has been between 3.60 to 3.80 for most of that period. So whilst I am a complete advocate of buying low and when possible lower, the fact is that opportunities to buy low just have not been available. I therefore see your judgement as to the rightness or wrongness of timing and choice of WHS as somewhat subjective ( in a monocular kind of way).
    Onion.
    Maybe a long answer.
    First of all I think management are making all the correct decisions.Noel Leemings,online stores,click and collect,banking.
    However I use charts for timing purchases/sales of shares.The most important indicators for me are the 50 day and 200 day moving averages.WHS share price is below both averages,which means to me stay away.Another important indicator to me is the MACD.This has turned down.Again to me it means stay away.The slow stochastic indicator also confirms stay away.
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 18-06-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Its not necessarily long or even necessarily right. What it is is your reading on the stock......here is an other version that may be equally (to some?) and more valid (to me anyway). Since Feb 2013 the SP has not been lower than 3.20 and in fact has been between 3.60 to 3.80 for most of that period. So whilst I am a complete advocate of buying low and when possible lower, the fact is that opportunities to buy low just have not been available. I therefore see your judgement as to the rightness or wrongness of timing and choice of WHS as somewhat subjective ( in a monocular kind of way).
    Very subjective in hindsight.
    WHS share price since January 2000 down 60.49%.since June 2009 down 13.37%,Since June 2013 down 11.96%.