sharetrader
Page 153 of 733 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 7330

As a result, TW Group has revised its guidance given in March 2014 of Adjusted Group Net Profit After Tax (adjusted NPAT) of $67-$71 million down to $59-$62 million.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/251819

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    As a result, TW Group has revised its guidance given in March 2014 of Adjusted Group Net Profit After Tax (adjusted NPAT) of $67-$71 million down to $59-$62 million.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/251819
    That really is a shocker of an announcement

Just as things were supposed to be getting better

No doubt comes back to the offer / service and all that stuff

But no worries the divie is safe as houses

It makes a mockery of the March placement and SPP. What a rort.
    Also I suggest some insiders who had access to this either within or outside and specifically provided by the company, traded on this information earlier this week.
    Last edited by biker; 20-06-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Banned

Clothing buying department useless. Quality is crap. And yes, somepeople in the know dumping stock earlier this week. Investigation? No chance.
    Last edited by BlackCross; 20-06-2014 at 10:42 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Each to their own.If it works for you keep doing it!!
    No I am not a holder.Over the past two or three years I have warned that the retail sector is difficult and faces many challenges.I like WHS's strategy.I have them on a watch list,and will consider buying them,once I feel the trend has changed.From the way it looks to me $3.20 may be the support level.Then again it may be the low of $2.50 reached in July 2012. I am not looking to buy at the bottom.I prefer to wait until the uptrend is confirmed.So at present time to safe guard my capital, I will sit on the sidelines.
    Pays to wait !!!!
    I only posted that two days ago..!!
    Retail still not an easy sector.!

At $60m NPAT this will be the worst result since 2006 (8 years ago)

I realised how bad Warehouse performance has really been since 2006 until I looked up the numbers. In 2007 NPAT was $115m and this has steadily declined to the current $60m. Last year 2013 was actually the only year that profit was better than the year prior.

So in spite of changes in strategic direction, acquisitions, range extensions, going more upmarket, store revamps, going online and all sort of stuff each years profit performance has been worse than the year before (except for 2013)

That's some record I reckon.

I still don't believe it but that is what the numbers say

Percy says retail stuffed (or difficult at the moment) and backing perennial losers in such a market is not a good idea.

But the weasel words Simon quoted in an earlier post must mean something. So this time is different eh and 2015 will be a great year for WHS with profits close to $100m

Far too much stock in the business with not enough turn over.

This leads to vast discounting and burning margin.

Simple really.

The Warehouse have sold enough stuff already. People have bought what they needed. Enough is enough.
    But when they get their financial services up and running, that will entice more people to buy more stuff they don't need.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Short and not so sweet

22-Apr-2014:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I am a bit annoyed at Craigs - they could have waited a day.

I decided to diversify into WHS and come this morning the price has jumped a bit.

So anyway I bought a few thousand shares.

I am working on the assumption that the recent lows of $3.19/ closes at $3.20 provides good baseline support and thus the possible downside risk is low to match the fact that the upside reward in the near time is not epic [surprise me please!].

I seem to be buying more boring stuff at the moment - odd!

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    So much for that!

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

LOL you guys have the attention spans of hamsters... Investing is about marathons not sprints. Retail is difficult...yes...business is slow everywhere....yes. However WHS is in a better space than most retail because they are fast adapters, have multi channel offerings, have a strong brand, have exhibited the ability to perform well year after year. They also recognise and are capitalizing on new ways of shopping and above all have always offered great buying to the NZ public by way of "cheaper than high st" pricing. So is retail dead....no its changing and WHS is not getting left behind because its always shown it adapts well and fast. So what if it has to blow out some lines at cost or just over...punters get a buy, cash flow keeps coming, new stock in and punters are back for more good buying. Buying shares in WHS is always a good idea...when SP takes a dive maybe time to look for a spot/ way in. DYOR and all the other stuff of course.