sharetrader
Page 170 of 733 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 7330

Keep talking it down boys.....I'd be unloading at any price if I was you.....backing the truck up now
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

https://www.google.com/finance/domestic_trends

Shows seasonality and steady decline in retail from 05-09.

Seems conventional retail was in decline then and probably still is.

I sold today - think they are a well enough run company at present, but pushing it uphill.

Retail ain't broken in NZ. Stats NZ numbers data still shows steady consistent growth in sales (overseas Internet sales not included). CAGR last 17 years 4.5% pa.

Red Sheds in the Department Stores Sector. Annual sales to March 14 for this sector reported as $4.0m. Not much higher than $3.8m in 2008, 6 years ago.

One factor that has affected Red Sheds is the growth in Bunnings and Mega big box hardware. They have taken a lot of traditional Red Shed business. Other retailers have also done better

Marks repositioning efforts not working (yet?)

Maybe one day they might find a market position ....but then again a successful big box general store in NZ might be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Keep talking it down boys.....I'd be unloading at any price if I was you.....backing the truck up now
    Doing my best for you Birman ......maybe 250 in March?

Banned

Tomorrow will be more pain, and maybe Friday as well to end the week. Then dead cat bounce. Usually how it works. Certainly wouldn't be backing the truck up so soon after terrible news unless waiting for that bounce...

I'll keep holding as painful as it is. This time last year I was down 60K on CNU so I'm use to extreme pain.

Great to see the online side of things doing well. Last night I was comparing WHS's imported brands featured in it's daily Red Alert sales (last night it was $300 watches)
    with Amazon and Newegg. WHS was very competitive and sometimes (but not always) cheaper. WHS does feature a lot of parallel imported quality products. I bought some stuff online in the boxing day sale, everything was delivered promptly and I really felt like I was getting a bargain. So online is fine but what to do with the stores?

I'm not adding to my holding at this stage. PostiePlus and Pumpkin Patch have given me the willies.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 07-01-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Shareprice back to 300 by end of day methinks
    Or not............

percy

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Or not............
    Would appear Birmanboy has a very small truck. lol

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems a bit of a trend here

H113 was $53m and then $46m in h114 and now this $37m

They did say at the AGM ho headwinds will be factored into the forecast just yet ....obviously no tailwinds either

Online sales going well so that's good eh

That's a surprise as their online site is quite frustrating. For example:
    http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/is-bin...s&PageNumber=2

They have 25 pages of gaming specials, but a large amount of the items are 'sold out' and are scattered amongst items in stock. It is even worse on the the mobile site as you have to click through to see if the item is actually available or not. I emailed them about adding an 'available' filter which they said is a good idea, but not holding my breath.

In a way it does mirror their physical stores...stuff everywhere and out of place.

DISC. Sold the other month at a loss, but would consider buying back if the SP continues to tank and dividends hold.

Guru

In a word......ugly

In a sentence....Someone forgot to tell WHS that Buy & hold "undervalued" stocks after a stockmarket crash (a la Buffet Style) is the way to go to acquire Capital richness.