sharetrader
Page 180 of 733 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 7330
    Banned

Future could be a small number of branches doubling as showrooms and processing centres for online shoppers.

I'm wondering if the Normans have thoughts of participating in a rationalisation involving their shops and the Warehouse's.

Suspect The Warehouse would be the surviving brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Salt's managers and Gaynor probably know the WHS is well past the point of market saturation and the business as it stands is on a hiding to nothing. Come on... how many braches are there, far too many is the answer !!
    Halve the number of branches, halve the staff, transform the remaining braches so that the shopping experience feels a lot less down-market, make sure all the major brands are represented in each store, slash corporate over-head e.t.c. Unless something truly transformational happens like I've outlined then its probably more of the same woeful under-performance. I'm with Salt and Gaynor, time for some truly revolutionary thinking.
    Extremely tired brand that's desperately calling for a real transformation. Those professional investors know Tindall would never go for that so quite frankly they see better opportunities elsewhere and I can't say I blame them as they're quite obviously tasked with getting the best return for their clients money. Good on them for speaking out I say. My 2 cents.
    Roger, if you added up your "2 cents" on this "tired old brand", you'd easily be able to buy a quality gift from The Warehouse, something like this perhaps: http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...ch?SKU=1879876 It's the genuine article and at 50% off! Come on, you know you want it and it would help me and Birdman out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Halve the number of branches, halve the staff, transform the remaining braches so that the shopping experience feels a lot less down-market, make sure all the major brands are represented in each store, slash corporate over-head e.t.c.
    You've written quite a few posts here complaining about the down-market feel of the Warehouse. It doesn't really do it for me either but the Warehouse is a down-market brand. It was born as a down-market brand, you're never going to transform it into Farmers or Smith and Caughey and it wouldn't be right to.

If you bring it up-market, then it stops being "where everyone gets a bargain".

I travelled around a few Warehouse stores during the week. They actually seemed nicer than I expected. Although, there does seem to be a lot of the stores devoted to DVDs and books, both of which are dying products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Roger, if you added up your "2 cents" on this "tired old brand", you'd easily be able to buy a quality gift from The Warehouse, something like this perhaps: http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...ch?SKU=1879876 It's the genuine article and at 50% off! Come on, you know you want it and it would help me and Birdman out.
    Trust a mickey mouse brand made in China to keep time for me ? or stick with my 25 year old Seiko that I know keeps perfect time, oh I don't know...decisions, decisions...

Hey, I'm wearing my Warehouse bought $499 g-shock aviation watch as we speak

Hey, I'm wearing my Warehouse bought $499 g-shock aviation watch as we speak
    What does g-shock do that Mickey can't

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    You've written quite a few posts here complaining about the down-market feel of the Warehouse. It doesn't really do it for me either but the Warehouse is a down-market brand. It was born as a down-market brand, you're never going to transform it into Farmers or Smith and Caughey and it wouldn't be right to.

If you bring it up-market, then it stops being "where everyone gets a bargain".

I travelled around a few Warehouse stores during the week. They actually seemed nicer than I expected. Although, there does seem to be a lot of the stores devoted to DVDs and books, both of which are dying products.
    I should add for some balance that I find the Noel Leeming stores well laid out and a pleasant place to shop. Warehouse Stationery also seems well situated. What I'm suggesting is its time to move the Red Sheds closer to the mainstream because clearly what they're currently doing isn't working from an EPS perspective but here's a potentially scary thought for shareholders. Maybe Mr Tindall with all his altruistic and philanthropic tendencies doesn't really care about whether this works from a EPS growth perspective and just wants to be able to serve New Zealanders at the lower end of the socio economic ladder ? He views success by many other means than simple EPS. Employment opportunities for young Kiwi's being paid a "liveable" wage being one of his many other objectives. Maybe he should finally move to take it back to full private ownership..wasn't he rumoured to be looking at this some time back ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What does g-shock do that Mickey can't
    Very good question. My g-shock is solar powered and has a host of other features but, like Mickey, its primary purpose is time-telling. It was one of those "treat myself" purchases. I love it!
    Last edited by Bobdn; 24-01-2015 at 06:08 PM.

I remember a long time ago my partner telling me how good the g-shock was and how much women liked their men to know how to use it properly. So I said "honey, I just don't have the time to do it myself, why don't you just get one working for yourself"? She left me soon afterwards.
    Very good question. My g-shock is solar powered and has a host of other features but, like Mickey, its primary purpose is time-telling. It was one of those "treat myself" purchases. I love it!
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Fantastic, I'll do what I can to learn the ins and outs of it.