sharetrader
Page 183 of 733 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 7330

I believe you BB

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    In a press release NZH Normans say do not intend to make a bid to takeover WHS.
    Not much point in a bid if they haven't lined up the Tindall stake first, I'd have thought. But whatever, it adds a bit of interest to the stock.

Two quick thoughts. 1) That's a lot of moolah to pick up WW stake-leveraged? and 2) What will F/Stuffs reaction be now that WW not holding a blocking stake. I would think they possibly looking to also exit and obviously only likely to be one realistic buyer.

percy

All I can see is a huge mountain of leveraged debt and liabilities.
    The Normans do not own any premises.
    Pascoes,Farmers,Stevens,and Whitcoulls are all in leased stores.
    Most will be paying massive rents with long ongoing lease commitments.[and staff commitments]
    Buying into WHS just adds to this burden.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Two quick thoughts. 1) That's a lot of moolah to pick up WW stake-leveraged? and 2) What will F/Stuffs reaction be now that WW not holding a blocking stake. I would think they possibly looking to also exit and obviously only likely to be one realistic buyer.
    he can only go up to 20% without triggering a takeover so would also need insto's help.

Or maybe a combined Tindall/Norman/management takeover?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if they wernt buying im sure the price would be lower, results are Friday be interesting to say the least
    they must have been a buyer, rather than woollies trying to offload or else it would have been sold at a discount. Definitely have something in mind.

Advanced Member

Interesting times, has to be good news for us lot

Or just to be a contrarian and arguing against my last post-Could JP already have an arrangement with F/Stuffs. Just loooking at all the angles. Can't see the Normans doing this larger buy-in with a long term view to just hold for divvies (albeit in a low interest environment) so on this basis there has to be MTC.

Advanced Member

Percy - they are retailers, what does it matter if they own premises they own good businesses, I bet Trademe or Xero don't own theirs either.

My hunch is saying more "shop within a shop" model
    Warehouse jewellery offering is sub par. I imagine it is not giving a good return in $$$ for its space.
    Pascoes stores are leased in prime retail spots resulting in a high lease as a % of sales

Pascoes moves into warehouse spots - gives warehouse a slice of the cake.
    The cake slice will be a better return than what warehouse is currently getting from it's jewellery offering , but lower cost than leasing a prime retail site.

Thats my hunch anyway.....