sharetrader
Page 187 of 733 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Very very happy to take a 7.6% yield in this blue chip stock.....better than 4.7% from the bank.
    I agree regarding the yield if the dollar invested is still worth a dollar like it would be in a bank. Even better if it is worth more because the share price increases but what about when it goes down? Then the bank is better isn't it?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    I agree regarding the yield if the dollar invested is still worth a dollar like it would be in a bank. Even better if it is worth more because the share price increases but what about when it goes down? Then the bank is better isn't it?
    Yes, we need to look past the current yield, even if we are investing for income, as I imagine most WHS shareholders are. After all, at a shareprice of $1 and an annual dividend of 7.6cps, the yield would still be 7.6%. Not that I'm suggesting that scenario as a likely outcome and yes, the company has announced that the minimum dividend for the next two years will be 19cps. But to focus on the yield is to miss the doughnut for the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Funny you should say that, my wife had a day off today, and went to the warehouse to buy a DVD to watch. Feet up on the couch, box of chocolatees at the ready, puts the DVD in and it wont work, something about parallel import and DVD region
    Frustrating isn't it !! Its all very well to get a refund but when you factor in the time / travel required to purchase it in the first place plus the time / travel to return the item any wonder people shop elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Frustrating isn't it !! Its all very well to get a refund but when you factor in the time / travel required to purchase it in the first place plus the time / travel to return the item any wonder people shop elsewhere...
    With the Warehouse purchasing power, it is actually an easy problem to fix.

Hence the need to bring in fresh blood to management and director level.

Funny you should say that, my wife had a day off today, and went to the warehouse to buy a DVD to watch. Feet up on the couch, box of chocolatees at the ready, puts the DVD in and it wont work, something about parallel import and DVD region
    Hate to be picky, but unless your wife asked about the region and was given incorrect information from a WHS staffer - does not the blame rest a little with the customer here for not checking the merchandise would work with the hardware at home? Like buying apple software for a windows computer?

If I bought a wrong region DVD I wouldn't blame the company for my poor choice. They are after all on the case of the DVD. It would be good customer service for the company to refund/exchange this if advised however.

Something definitely wrong there as I recently bought a Sony blu-ray DVD from the Warehouse.

All the DVDs stocked at the Warehouse are either Region 4 (for NZ, Australia etc) or 0 (all regions).

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...2WkbkXY0E-Meo=

Out of interest, what brand was it?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Something definitely wrong there as I recently bought a Sony blu-ray DVD from the Warehouse.

All the DVDs stocked at the Warehouse are either Region 4 (for NZ, Australia etc) or 0 (all regions).

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...2WkbkXY0E-Meo=

Out of interest, what brand was it?
    Optical home entertainment. It does have a red sticker on it saying multi zone player may be required, so it probably my wifes fault
    Last edited by ratkin; 06-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Optical home entertainment. It does have a red sticker on it saying multi zone player may be required, so it probably my wifes fault
    Happened to me before - DVDs given to me by a nice visitor from Japan. Bugger of a thing!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Used to be but may have changed

The last DVD player I bought was in New Zealand about 10 years ago and at that time it was actually illegal to sell a DVD player that was not capable of playing any regions DVD.

Out of the box it would only play Region 0 & 4 BUT there was an unlock code available on the manufacturers website.

Might be worth a look?

That DVD player is still going strong despite moving countries several times and happily plays every DVD we own (from zones 1,2,3,& 4) except for one movie - Cloud Atlas.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

So back to Warehouse the company and future outlook...
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    ................ yes, the company has announced that the minimum dividend for the next two years will be 19cps............
    Are you sure that statement is still valid? I noticed that this issue was omitted in the newspaper articles about WHS, but the last paragraph of todays company announcement states:

The FY15 dividend is targeted to be 16 cents per share, comprising an interim
    dividend of 11 cents per share and a final dividend of 5 cents per share.
    This is a reduction from the previously indicated 19 cents per share. Given
    the decline in profit outlook resulting from the first half, the Directors
    consider it prudent to reduce the targeted FY15 dividend to 16 cents per
    share. This recognises the Directors' intention to deliver on long term
    undertakings made during the capital raising last year, and their confidence
    in the fundamentals of the Group strategy. However, this is balanced with
    the need to prudently manage the business in a highly competitive trading
    environment.