sharetrader
Page 188 of 733 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 7326

Sideline
    When they made that statement, 19c div. it was with the caveat unless future profit materially affected, so you are right any reference to 19c not valid.

With the dividend you will be able to buy a few full stops..... but here's a few free ones just to keep you going......... ...... ..
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    whs market probably wont collapse yes telegraphed and normans are supporting price but you are paying expensive price based on current metrics and remember sales look like they only going up because they discounting so you get more sales so no profit because of this and there costs are going up across the board so enjoy your expensive div why it last
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

lol yes I practice maybe on the weekend
    one step ahead of the herd

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...se-profit-fall
    Quote Originally Posted by stuff
    $90 million revamp...
    Really? I've lived in New Zealand for...over a decade now and walking into a Warehouse store has remained exactly the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...se-profit-fall
    Really? I've lived in New Zealand for...over a decade now and walking into a Warehouse store has remained exactly the same experience.
    I think that's a big part of the problem. The stores have certainly had a spruce up-money has been spent on trying to make them lighter and more modern. But, the experience is the same as before.......

Advanced Member

I reckon they need to tell customers they are a superior payer to their staff than most comparable retailers, why not boast about it?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I reckon they need to tell customers they are a superior payer to their staff than most comparable retailers, why not boast about it?
    Because they would be laughed at.!!!!
    Tell me one retailer where the service is worse.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I guess this is an excellent example showing that paying staff more than they deserve is not just a waste of good money - it actually can reduce your overall staff performance. If you pay staff too much, than you entrap the group of always unhappy whingers and underperformers which any large organisation inevitably hires from time to time. In other organisations these people normally leave after some time because they feel unloved. However - if you pay them too much, than they are basically forced to stay - nobody else would give them that money. The result: higher wages give you more and more low performers on your payroll impacting on your overall organisational performance.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Maybe not quite as clear-cut as you make it sound ( I know you said "can reduce") BP. But I do agree with you.
    Not talking about WHS staff here (as I don't know pay rates, etc. But I have certainly seen businesses where they would have been better off paying some a little less to help move them on, and some a little more to keep the good ones. Seems to be difficult for some bosses to make this call in such a PC world (and I guess collective agreements, etc.).
    I definitely know of people staying in a job that they badmouth simply because it's not worth their while moving.
    Everyone loses.......

Thankfully most people have a more optimistic way of looking at the world. This would recognise that a vast majority of employees do have a brain and realize that employers who pay more are saying "thanks we do value your contribution". This in most cases will prompt positive behaviour. If however, you cannot change the few negative attitudes then its time to "manage them out to a more suitable place of employment". Employers who pay more/offer better conditions will always have superior leverage when it comes to staff issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Maybe not quite as clear-cut as you make it sound ( I know you said "can reduce") BP. But I do agree with you.
    Not talking about WHS staff here (as I don't know pay rates, etc. But I have certainly seen businesses where they would have been better off paying some a little less to help move them on, and some a little more to keep the good ones. Seems to be difficult for some bosses to make this call in such a PC world (and I guess collective agreements, etc.).
    I definitely know of people staying in a job that they badmouth simply because it's not worth their while moving.
    Everyone loses.......
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz