sharetrader
Page 191 of 733 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Pardon me but what planet are you from Sir? What would lead you to believe that any change of leadership will create lethargy? Usually a new leader means a big drive forward with new "improved" policies and the leadership imperative of making yourself appear to be the newfound messiah.... Limbo very doubtful.
    Didn't they just have a "big drive forward" ? Or at least a lot of restructuring. And aren't they still in limbo?

LOL only an ulterior motive visible here Satan....limbo indeed. "Driving forward" is constant...restructuring is constant..what counts is money in the bank. In other words just let them get on with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Didn't they just have a "big drive forward" ? Or at least a lot of restructuring. And aren't they still in limbo?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

LOL only an ulterior motive visible here Satan....limbo indeed. "Driving forward" is constant...restructuring is constant..what counts is money in the bank. In other words just let them get on with it.
    Money in the bank is important, but a believable strategy is more important. The captain has frantically adjusted the sails, turned the rudder back and forth and is now busy jumping overboard. I suspect anyone buying in now is going to spend quite some time in purgatory Birmanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    Money in the bank is important, but a believable strategy is more important. The captain has frantically adjusted the sails, turned the rudder back and forth and is now busy jumping overboard. I suspect anyone buying in now is going to spend quite some time in purgatory Birmanboy.
    Hi all
    My experience in a recent WHS AGM was the CEO berating and taking a shareholder to task. Poor showing, so I sold that day. History of this share price has proven my assessment right - most companies that treat owner/shareholders in this way don't deserve support i.e a CEO who can't be questioned without losing his rag. One has to ask if the turn around is so good why would the CEO jump rather than stay and enjoy the cudos and benefits of his genius. Add to that a rather bland discounted offering and semi-enthusiastic staff, with better online competition and my investment dollars will stay in the pocket - for now. Similar fate for Walmart upon which this was modeled.
    -dodgy Prior owner/shareholder.
    -dodgy

Pardon me but what planet are you from Sir? What would lead you to believe that any change of leadership will create lethargy? Usually a new leader means a big drive forward with new "improved" policies and the leadership imperative of making yourself appear to be the newfound messiah.... Limbo very doubtful.
    whats there plan a monkey to carry on the fine work of the current ceo or a new dude to inspire us with his grand plans to lift the ware house from the doldrums - option 1 no limbo then option 2 limbo for 2yrs

either way the price should head lower to reflect the overvalued nature of the company and the declining div prospects
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi all
    My experience in a recent WHS AGM was the CEO berating and taking a shareholder to task. Poor showing, so I sold that day. History of this share price has proven my assessment right - most companies that treat owner/shareholders in this way don't deserve support i.e a CEO who can't be questioned without losing his rag. One has to ask if the turn around is so good why would the CEO jump rather than stay and enjoy the cudos and benefits of his genius. Add to that a rather bland discounted offering and semi-enthusiastic staff, with better online competition and my investment dollars will stay in the pocket - for now. Similar fate for Walmart upon which this was modeled.
    -dodgy Prior owner/shareholder.
    -dodgy
    Amazing that someone in his position can't hold his **** together for the one meeting in which he has to deal with the public. I think the company is probably better off without him. I suspect he was pushed as Job done is simply not a plausible story...what job done?, the job of making the company earn less money ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Amazing that someone in his position can't hold his **** together for the one meeting in which he has to deal with the public. I think the company is probably better off without him. I suspect he was pushed as Job done is simply not a plausible story...what job done?, the job of making the company earn less money ?
    but he says evenless money if they hadn't done the new strategy

Probably a truer word never said - therein lies the problem. Strategies to survive methinks and hopefully make some money even if less than the year before.

A lot said on this thread re WHS performance over the last few years and its trials and tribulations in this ever changing retail world.

Through Norrice's term and now Powell's plenty of tinkering and strategic reviews and lots of money spent.

AS somebody pointed out on this thread sales are not really growing but margins are shrinking and costs are rising. In other words profits are falling

And the share price is actually only following the earnings (surprise eh)

Over 10 years of declining profits with all this talk of growth. Something wrong?

At best all I can see is a business under pressure but somehow maintaining a reasonable revenue base and in good years making about $50m in profits. Not too bad a return on capital and if paid out in divies a rrasonable return to shareholders

See what I mean re earnings and profits. A PE of about 15/16 most of the time so earnings yield of 6% odd. Hope interest rates stay at low levels.

percy

Winner69.
    Bit of fun for you.
    Look at Metcash MTS asx chart, and see if you can see when Norrice took over as CEO.!!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A lot said on this thread re WHS performance over the last few years and its trials and tribulations in this ever changing retail world.

Through Norrice's term and now Powell's plenty of tinkering and strategic reviews and lots of money spent.

AS somebody pointed out on this thread sales are not really growing but margins are shrinking and costs are rising. In other words profits are falling

And the share price is actually only following the earnings (surprise eh)

Over 10 years of declining profits with all this talk of growth. Something wrong?

At best all I can see is a business under pressure but somehow maintaining a reasonable revenue base and in good years making about $50m in profits. Not too bad a return on capital and if paid out in divies a rrasonable return to shareholders

See what I mean re earnings and profits. A PE of about 15/16 most of the time so earnings yield of 6% odd. Hope interest rates stay at low levels.
    Wow what a close correlation, remarkable graph, thanks mate.

What I can't understand is why anyone would ascribe a PE of 15-16 to a retail stock in the current environment with their history of EPS declines when you've got stocks like HLG with a far better history, far brighter outlook and much higher dividend yield on a forward PE of only 11, go figure ?